Gaming Something is wrong with my Computer

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I will explain my problem first. Whenever i boot my computer i always get this random page that shows some computer things (do not k,now what it is but has always been there) and then prompts me to this page with these 5 options

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Control ????

Last Known something

Start Normal Mode

If i click start normal modes it goes to Windows XP loading page then redirects me to that computer thing i mentioned before. I click last known whatever and redirects me. The only way i can go on is with Safe Mode Networking which takes away some things since it is on Safe mode.

My dad says our comp is virused but i think it was 2days ago i used my search & destroy and all threats were destroyed and their was oned virus. a Malaware but it was deleted. Then my dad turned off the computer after not bieng able to acces the internet and all we get is that page and i am the only one in the family that knows how to acces Safe Mode ( when it gives you options i must hold F10 and arrows keys to choose found out randomly)

So i am asking that if you guys may help me so i can start my computer Normaly. I will try rebooting now again and see what happens. Please and Thank You for your Help.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try booting into safe mode and doing a system restore to a number of days ago. I'm guessing you mean you used 'spybot search and destroy'. While it's good against spyware and some malware, it isn't an alternative to a full virus scanner. You should use it in conjunction with a virus scanner.

If a system restore works and gets your computer booted normally, you should get 'Microsoft Security Essentials'. It's a free anti-virus program from Microsoft. Then do a full system scan with it.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might sound stupid but how do you do a system restore only 14 dont know much about computers

Wi-Fi still doesnt work only safe mode and safe mode networking work.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately its a no go i tried restoring it same thing happens except some files come back I still have to use safe mode.

If you are confused what i am wanting it is for me to be able to boot the computer and load windows xp then go to the thing to choose your accounts because it doesn't do that. Lol gonna ask my dad what happened when he was on the comp because it happened when he was on. Thank you for your help Edhel anyways
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh well. A system restore normally would revert your windows back to whatever time period you choose. In your case you'd pick a restore point dated when your computer was working. It doesn't always work unfortunately.

If worse comes to worse you could attempt to do a repair install. It involves using the windows cd to boot up with, it should keep your files and programs intact.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well ym comp was working until my dad went on internet explorer wasnt working and got pissed and shut off the computer thats when it stooped working. But your suggestions are saving my files somewhere and restarting my computer with windows xp cd? Just making sure i got that right:P

lord0fshred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like the startup files are corrupted. As irritating as it can be, it's not hard to fix it. Pop in the XP install cd and do a repair, and it should fix it right up.
If you don't have the XP cd, then things could get complicated.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
UnseenHero said:
Well ym comp was working until my dad went on internet explorer wasnt working and got pissed and shut off the computer thats when it stooped working. But your suggestions are saving my files somewhere and restarting my computer with windows xp cd? Just making sure i got that right:P

Yes, boot with the xp install cd in your drive. You may have to press f8 or some button during boot up if it doesn't automatically boot from cd on its own.

If you do a repair install you shouldn't need to backup your files. Though for peace of mind you really should backup the important ones.
tongue.gif

Be sure you choose repair when it asks you. When it boots from the cd and loads up it should detect your old install of windows and ask you what you want to do. From there you should be able to choose to repair.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@lordOFshred how complicated?

My dads friend does it for us and this time my dad said that he wont do it this time and that we aint getting a new comp so of course i dont have the cd. So how complicated

I am going to bed right now GN all. And please try to post suggestions on how to get the cd or any other method i really appreciate it
smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you cannot do a repair install without the XP CD, so you will have to obtain a copy of the CD. Otherwise you are pretty screwed until you can get one.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm there is a problem i found out i have windows xp professional but when i go on TPB there are so many different types like intergerated with a date is there any specific or will any do?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
UnseenHero said:
Umm there is a problem i found out i have windows xp professional but when i go on TPB there are so many different types like intergerated with a date is there any specific or will any do?

Is your computer from an OEM such as Dell, or is it a custom build? If it's from Dell or the like you would be better off downloading a Dell OEM XP cd as it will activate itself and so on.

If it's a custom build computer try and get one with XP pro + SP3.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what is/are the threat(s) ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Malware can be a bastard, use more than 1 friggin program, also identify the specific threats and google em see if there are individual tools

Myidentityisasec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
This might sound stupid but how do you do a system restore only 14 dont know much about computers

Lol, don't worry. Just hit start, all programs, accessories, system tools, and system restore. I'm 10 so don't worry XD

D

Deleted_171835

Myidentityisasecret said:
UnseenHero said:

Lol, don't worry. Just hit start, all programs, accessories, system tools, and system restore. I'm 10 so don't worry XD
Youridentiyisasecret.

All joking aside. You're 10. Uh...
blink.gif
. I didn't expect GBAtemp to have 10 year old's. Maybe 12/13 but.....10? That's kinda young.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo