Hacking Something Interesting

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just messing around on ninjahax and I took a .cia file, went into its properties, changed it to a .3dsx file, and then put it on the Sd card. I opened up ninjahax and it showed up! But when I clicked on it, it just crashed the exploit and restarted the 3ds. I don't know much about hacking so that's as far as I got. You real hackers see what you can do with this. I did this with the BigblueMenu .cia file if that means anything.

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm saying is that it was interesting. I was thinking that someone could eventually make something with this.

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that it won't work like this. I'm saying that we might be able to convert to 3dsx from cia. But I don't know exactly how. I'm only think this becasue it picked it up. But when I did it with an actual backup of a game, it didn't. So, that makes me think that I'm missing a piece of the conversion.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file structure of these different filetypes are different, and the only thing that the Homebrew Launcher knows how to handle is what the *.3dsx format is supposed to be. You can rename an ISO to *.exe and your computer will try to run it but won't have any idea what to do with it. You can rename a *.NDS rom to *.png and your computer will try to open it as an image but won't know what to do with it. You can rename a *.xml file to *.mkv and your computer will try to play it as a video, but again, won't know what to do with it.

Different file types, dude. Yeah it sees that there's a file there with the 3dsx extension and that's as much as it can do.

Hence my analogy of putting a BD-R in a CD player. Or petrol in a diesel engine.

Reactions: NEP

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay dontay0100, you've made yourself clear. I have to work now and actually live life instead wasting it talking to people like you. You have no need to be like that, it makes you seem childish. Goodbye.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay dontay0100, you've made yourself clear. I have to work now and actually live life instead wasting it talking to people like you. You have no need to be like that, it makes you seem childish. Goodbye.
Well you have no need to be butthurt or embarrassed about it. Just realize that this is why we leave the technical stuff to the technical crowd. We novices aren't going to be able to accomplish anything other than breaking software/hardware, and if something as simple as changing the extension on a file was useful for anything, you can bet somebody would have noted it a long time ago.

7iven8Nine

Shrek's Memelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And for the not having access part, what is stopping someone from making a file that opens one of the older exploits we have or a completly new one to elevate its capabilities?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing