Hacking Something definitely went wrong. Slow emuNAND since yesterday

Osakasan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday i had something very strange going on with my EmuNAND after installing a custom GBA cia, since then i've been observing closely my EmuNAND and it has become really slow, it takes longer on startup, going from a game to the Home menu and back, installing .cia files, loading games, saving, etc...

I'm using a 16 GB class 10 Sandisk microSD class.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i have noticed for a few months now that using micro sd cards with an adapter definately slows things down . thats why i changed to full size sc vards much much quicker....

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
i have noticed for a few months now that using micro sd cards with an adapter definately slows things down . thats why i changed to full size sc vards much much quicker....

About half the speed form the original microSD vs fullspeed SD. That's how much.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually just make sure you get a SD card with a decent read spead. since you only have to read from it and write very rarely to it (and when you do it are only a few kilobytes savedata and stuff).

so I do not know how fast the internal NAND or the cartridges are, but I assume a decent micro SDHC (that reads 80 MegaByte/s and more) is the way to go. got my samsung evo+ 64GB for only 15€.
loads everything just fine!

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
actually just make sure you get a SD card with a decent read spead. since you only have to read from it and write very rarely to it (and when you do it are only a few kilobytes savedata and stuff).

so I do not know how fast the internal NAND or the cartridges are, but I assume a decent micro SDHC (that reads 80 MegaByte/s and more) is the way to go. got my samsung evo+ 64GB for only 15€.
loads everything just fine!
yeah reads stuff fine no problems. what im saying is it takes a long time to install your cia files once theyre installed thats it your good to go.....

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, installing takes a while because you read AND write to the card at the same time. that process will decrease the spead of every data storage medium significantly. try to read and write to a HDD at the same time and you will know what I mean.

also I noticed that in direct comparison the unmodified cartridge-loading N3DS XL from my friend is half a second faster when loading the same game I am having on SD.

so yes, cartridge loading might be a blink of a second faster, but you won't notice it unless you have the 1:1 comparison.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea