Someone please help me.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BearJaw, Nov 18, 2008.

1. BearJaw
    OP

BearJaw Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    Northern NY
    I apologize ahead of time if this has already been posted somewhere.

I've had the Homebrew Channel installed on my Wii for about 3 months now. When the last Wii System Update was announced, I read somewhere that it wouldn't affect the Homebrew Channel if installed. So I went to update my Wii but after roughly 12 seconds of the update process, I cancelled it because I got a bad feeling about it. I did some more research and discovered that there was a Homebrew Update and a Wii Shop update that was compatible with the Homebrew Channel. So I executed both of the new updates.

When I go into the Homebrew Channel, everything seems fine but two of the programs don't work anymore and instead they provide me with a "This is not a valid Wii application" message accompanied by a red symbol that appears to be an "X". Those two programs are two of my favorites, Ocarina (The cheating application) and FCE Ultra GX (not the updated one). I used these two apps the most out of anything on the Homebrew Channel. I redownloaded them and they still didn't work. I downloaded the updated version of FCEU, which works but doesn't satisfy me fully like the FCE Ultra GX. Oh well. I downloaded the Ocarina app as well to no avail. I really need this application.

Can anyone please help me with what I should do?

2. f00had

f00had GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2008
    Isn't the new version of Ocarina called Gecko OS? That's what it says on Wiibrew.org, maybe I'm just misreading things.

3. djdynamite123

djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    ocarina is a different application, for cheats, allthough since geckoOS 1.6 Nuke added ocarina built in [​IMG]

4. ppajko

ppajko Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    You need to convert the .elf file format of those 2 apps to the new HBC format of .dol, hope that helps.

5. BearJaw
    OP

BearJaw Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    Northern NY
    Thank you guys sooooo much for your help!!! They work again and I'm very happy!

Please close thread.