Hacking Someone please help me with my BRICKED WII!!

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I have preloader .29 on my 4.0U. Like an idiot used WiiSCU to trucha sign IOS60, which gave me a nice stub and black screen bricked wii. Unfortunately, I used WiiSCU .21. I just saw that .22 addressed the stub issue... damn it!! Is there anything I can do?? Preloader doesn't load... and I totally F'd? Help please.
cry.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
preloader and your system menu are gone.

unless you got bootmii as boot2 then sorry guy.

hope you got an extra $85
1-800-255-3700.

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, I did the same thing on Thursday! See this thread for all the answers you need. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184...p;#entry2309189

Fortunately, I did it on a brand new Wii and I managed to return it to the store and get a new one.

The bottom line is that you have now completely locked IOS 60 which is your system menu and have absolutely no recourse to another IOS with a system menu. Furthermore, because you stubbed your IOS system menu you have literally wiped out preloader as well. This means that you have no way of accessing the homebrew channel or anything else for that matter. There is no possible way to get out of your situation using softmods. You will have to literally use hardware like Infectus for a solution.

My advice, call Nintendo up and tell them that your Wii isn't working after you tried to update it to 4.2. They will repair it for free and you will have it back in 12 days or less.

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the advice guys... I'll probably just end up sending it to nintendo and hope for the best. Epic failure on my part
dry.gif

udo4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Kazzo52, when you call Nintendo, be sure to act a little naive. Claim that you were updating your Wii to the latest version. After the update you got a black screen with nothing on. Now, each time you boot your Wii you get nothing but a black screen.

They have no way of checking if you had any cios or hacks on your Wii. Hence, if you are still under warranty, and even if you aren't, Nintendo should repair it for free since it is their software update that killed your system.

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Update**

Good news!! I sent my brick to ninty after the 4.2 update
smile.gif
It took about 2 weeks to get it back... free of charge! And the best part.... I sent an LU64 and got back an LU57 (boot2 enabled) Nice! After I used xzxero's handy guide, all is back to normal.. better than before acutally.. now I have bootmii as boot2! Big thanks to all that offered advice, and especially xzxero.. thanks for the work on the guide.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Kazoo52 said:
**Update**

smile.gif
It took about 2 weeks to get it back... free of charge! And the best part.... I sent an LU64 and got back an LU57 (boot2 enabled) Nice! After I used xzxero's handy guide, all is back to normal.. better than before acutally.. now I have bootmii as boot2! Big thanks to all that offered advice, and especially xzxero.. thanks for the work on the guide.

That is possibly one of the greatest stories ever.

Get a nand dump and cboot2 and this is so heartwarming. Send you stuff in often, seriously. Ask for help but dont feel it has to be a DIY project.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kazoo52 said:
**Update**

smile.gif
My Wii bricked and I sent it in free of charge. Strange thing is I got back a LU36, and I can't install BootMii on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh