Hacking Someone please help!! I want to load ds roms form imenu

tiffmarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a complete noob to this, but i have been quick to catch on....i have successfully got imenu going on m sons dstwo , and i have deleted some redundant files (CATSFC etc). Now I am having a couple issues. I would really love to be able to launch dsroms (and snes roms, if possible) from imenu. I have been searching for days for information, and all i could come across was where a poster simply mentioned that it is possible to launch roms from imenu by placing dsgame into note line of ini.......I need someone to explain to me step by step how to accomplish this...or at least tell me a way to hide the irritating root folders from view after i click "dsgames"....so that all that is visible are the roms. If there is a guide i am missing, b all means, point me to it, but please make sure the html isnt broken...it took two days to sift through the imenu step by step tutorial....i ended up pausing the video to read the webpage the poster had pulled up on his computer, lol.

I know it is possible to launch the roms from imenu because i see the roms listed that way on the demo videos for imenu:( Thanks so much in advance for your help, and please be specific in your direction, lol

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a template for ini files:
[plug setting]
icon=fat:/_imenu/_images/icons/finalfantasy3.bmp
name=Final Fantasy3
file=/games/final fantasy iii.nds
number=12
dock=0
note=dsgame
arg=:-)

Make an ini and just change the rom file path, name, and icon path to the one of the game you want. I also suggest using BagPlug instead.

tiffmarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[plug setting]
icon=E:\_iMenu\_images\icons\DragonQuest9.bmp
name=Dragon Quest 9
file=E:\DSGames\Dragon Quest 9 - Sentinels of the Starry Skies.nds
number=12
dock=0
note=dsgame
arg=:-)

I feel stupid, im sure its something basic I am doing wrong.....the icon isnt showing, just an exclamation mark....as i said, i will figure it out eventually:) trial and error, thank you for your help

tiffmarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i didnt use anything, i just deleted E....it was wierd because the game was loading like that, but the icon wasnt...hmm..oh well, i finally figured it out and now i have a screen induced migraine:) thanks soooo very much for your help, have a great night and merry xmas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...