Somehow not banned

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Zyvyn, Jan 23, 2019.

1. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    You probably run older version of Atmos that lacked anti-detection, such as creport and block the telemetry, also possibly while online got you flagged for ban.

2. TheOGMew3

TheOGMew3 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Well I havent been banned yet either. Granted I do use my own backups(dumps).
    But I dont have emunand setup and play online in SX OS mode.

Been doing that for months now.

3. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    I been doing pretty much all the naughty things since SXOS came out and I haven't yet been banned as well. I fully expect it though.

I don't however play anything online since online multiplayer isn't my thing.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It takes time. I took my switch offline months and months ago (when sx os first came out). Before that I wasnt banned and was online plenty of times with the cfws that were available at the time.

Bought a new switch in Dec to keep legit. Turned on wifi on my old one just to see and sure enough I was banned. Who knows when they actually banned me. Could have been any time in the last year

5. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    Excuse me but HOW THE FUCK! You do all that and Nintendo is like:

31C877DE-EDC0-4A5B-BF18-4AF3375E1854.
    But I dump my .Keys and Nintendo is like:
    099DD13D-3579-4799-9A7F-B1D5FEE688C3.
    Just WTF

Nezztor likes this.
  6. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    Probably but you test the ban with no protections like emunand offline and no cfw never on sysnand now we will see if is possible to avoid bans with emunand offline and sysnand online

7. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Don't we have a dedicated thread for ban situations? why is this turning into another one?
    Might as well open a poll too.

8. josephdin

josephdin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    i"ll take one for the team, hacked my 2nd switch back in august, stayed offline(xci only) for about 3 months,then i just recently went as far as to connect to wifi in cfw mode with stealth mode of course, i will be doing a quick check if i am banned or not. I obviously realize that even though i may not be banned immediately it will be in a later wave but this is simply just to check if i am banned for nsp usage, i have almost all dlc available. Will report back later today.

9. 98otiss

98otiss uwu

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    what's the point of this thread
    honestly this thread is more like a comment

10. josephdin

josephdin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    whats the point of listing all the systems you have hacked, it's like self-snitching xD

comput3rus3r likes this.
  11. Zyvyn
    OP

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    wouldnt be shocked if my console is tagged just waiting for a ban wave

12. xIce101x

xIce101x GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    xIce101x is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 19, 2014
    United States
    I made it 3 months without getting banned. I was playing xci files of Mario kart and splatoon online almost daily too. It really depends on if you do something to trigger a flag to get banned.

13. rwn

rwn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2010
    United States
    cali...
    still not banned either i've been using SXOS since day 1 mind you I don't play online with that switch but i do update games on it. i also try to only stick to XCI files when possible.

14. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    You guys actually go online on with CFW? Dang I didnt know that was possible without being banned lol. Im not going to try it but thats crazy.

Anyways I only use online with OFW, no problems yet. Have to buy the games I want to play online though but not much problem there.

15. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    I mean, its pretty safe to do so, if you don't have any NSPs installed, are using Atmosphere and don't cheat in online games. Its actually probably safer to stay in CFW after using it for the first time, rather than rebooting into OFW, because CFWs block some telemetry crap (at least Atmosphere does)

jscjml likes this.
  16. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I find it intriguing to why is there even a flag system? Why wait & give us the opportunity to use their services if they could just ban us now?

17. Dissaor

Dissaor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    I've been doing the same since July 17, still not banned and using Nintendo Online almost daily. Right now on 6.2 and 2.5.2 SX OS and 6.2 emunand.

18. senas8

senas8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    A very weird thing going on with my switch .. banned on sx os.. however all good and can use online on Reinx.. same switch just multi boot.. very strange.. lol.

19. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm not banned, but I also only use XCI games, and always play offline in CFW. Splatoon 2 in OFW.

20. phonz

phonz GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2018
    Canada
    Same here. I do block some of Ninty's servers though (like their app auth server) and I never player backups in online multiplayer.