Homebrew Some times my Wii crashes when I load an emulator.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I load them from the homebrew channel. Sometimes when I load them I get a black screen that says exception DSI error occurred. To make that go away I have to hard reset my wii. This doesn't doesn't happen all the time. But it happens enough to where it becomes annoying. I also noticed that it mostly does this on the nes (FCE ultra GX) and snes (snes9x GX) emulators. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the happened to me only one time using Desmume Wii. Dunno why.
Wich version of Homebrew Channel are you using?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, it's a known problem with all apps using the HBC feature , which are mainly emulators.

it seems it's a bug in HBC 1.0.8 related to the Wifi connection and the solution we have been told until now is either to connect your Wii to Wifi and wait for network to be initialized OR remove the flag in meta.xml files. The second solution however disables DVD support in emulators.

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I found the meta.xml file. I double click on it and it opens internet explorer. I see what's on the meta.xml file and I see the flag. But how do I delete it? I can't click on it. Am I suppose to just delete the whole meta.xml file?

codiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open it with a proper editor, not internet explorer
biggrin.gif

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it. After it opened with internet explorer, I right clicked the mouse and then clicked where it said view source. And the notepad opened up. I deleted the line that said As far as I can tell it's working perfectly now. I'm not getting that black screen anymore. Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT