ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm not gonna lie. I love my psp 3000 but I can't stay here waiting for it to be hacked any more and I know alot of people who have 1000s and 2000s. Now I want to swap with someone because I want to modded it but there is some things I need to know. One things I know I don't want to lose is the 3000 slim-ness so I'd perfer a 2000 before I accepted a 1000, but I do know that not all 2000s are hackable. How can I tell if a 2000 is hackable? Also do ya'll thing this is a good choice to do this and should I exchange for their psp's and more since I am technically downgrading....Help me out tempers

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well its hard to say really (on whether downgrading is a good idea), but with the hackable 2000's question check out the PSP FAQ on the stickies
PSP FAQ sticky:-
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120268

tbh I wouldn't swap it for a phat psp at all if it was me I would only possibly swap it for a 2000. I really don't think it'll be too long before an (un)official custom firmware is released for the 3000 (but thats just my opinian)

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
err, who in their right mind would trade you their CFW capable psp for your non-hackable one?

technically, they'd be downgrading

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tikker said:
err, who in their right mind would trade you their CFW capable psp for your non-hackable one?

technically, they'd be downgrading

Just because we know about hacking the psp doesn't mean that everyone else in the world does and don't say "who wouldn't know about being able to hack the psp it's common knowledge" its only common knowledge to us because we know how to do it.

not everybody is as tech minded as we are, beleive it or not there are still 100,000's of psp 1000/2000's out there that haven't been hacked by there owners either because they don't know about it or because they are not such leeches like most of us are (do note that I said most some of us do still buy games worth having)

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing most people I know don't know.....About the wonderful world of modding. So finding someone in my city with a hackable 2000 and swapping to with my 3000 will not be hard cause to them I'm downgrading. And no I don't want a 1000 at all just for the fact its phat and I like how my psp fits snugly in my pocket I just need to know what 2000s are hackable because I do know not all of them are.....but hey if they make a CFW for 3000 that will be great but I'm tried of waiting

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah well as I said before the sticky has all the info you need about which 2000's are hackable and which aren't and how you can tell what you've got

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120268

theres the link again its right in the first post so not much reading for you.

the only problem I see you having is telling which psp your swapping for as you wont be able to tell until you have it really.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is finding a moddable PSP from somebody that doesn't know may be more of a hassle than you're predicting.

I also had a PSP 3000 back on Christmas, but after discovering it wouldn't be hackable I returned it unopened. It was either that or wait to see if they _could_ hack them and do so any time soon. Let me put it this way: if I had kept it, I would still be waiting right now. It was a calculated gamble but one that I believe I decided correctly.

Moving from the 3000 to the 2000 isn't exactly downgrading. Many people are irate over some of the choices in them, claiming the graphics quality is actually reduced in the newer unit. Apart from the fact that the screen has an anti reflective coating, I can't find any discernible difference that I think would matter. The qualifier--at least for myself--is the fact that both the 2000 and 3000 had the memory upgrade that is supposed to reduce loading times.

After I returned the 3000, I put my effort into finding a 2000. I went to Craigslist, and the experiences were all terrible. The first time the guy knew nothing about PSPs, and possessed just the unit with a game. Everything about it suggested that it was stolen. The next person I contacted was suspicious about disclosing any information when I began asking about serial numbers on the unit and box, and anything else that might identify whether it could be hacked. I checked around a few Gamestops in California, and of the few I could find every one was scratched up and hideous.

So the way I see it, the motherboard type is another gamble and one I was unwiling to take, and end up stuck with an unhackable PSP. Unfortunately, you already made your decision when you opened your 3000. From my experience, finding a hackable 2000 in the private sector is a hassle. I've heard that the ones included in a specific bundle are typically a safe bet, if you can find them and are willing to pay for another brand new PSP. Otherwise I would suggest keeping an eye on the seller forum here, I just purchased a prehacked slim here and received a fair deal while others may attempt to charge a premium for preinstalled custom firmware, and it's up to you whether that's something worth paying for.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually a couple of my friends have 1000's , 2000's (had) , and 3000's, overall most of them enjoy the 1000 b/c they think it feels the most sturdy compared to the slim or the 3000. My friend had a slim and lite and he dropped it once and it broke... when he dropped his 1000 it was alright...I personally think that although the one thousand is a bit more clunky it is more durable than the other models. That's my informed opinion on this issue, plus with opening a system there's always that chance that you'll mess up and basically destroy the system.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got 2 psp 2000s

a white StarWars/Vader one, and a red GoW psp

the White one feels WAY more sturdy than the red one

the GoW feels like a cheap piece of crap in comparison

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat