Hacking Some scene news...CSSM

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
fors and me are working together now bebs. he has been re-writting the entire system menu from scratch, no nintendo code. Hes hit a snag with the install and is trying to work the problem out, but is being very careful as he can't afford to pay to have a wii unbricked again, and the nature of dashboard prevents using preloader to test with. Trust me it is coming just life work etc got in the way of the release going out as planned. Be patient, it will arrive. Oh and what fors and i are trying to pull off will make current CSM's including mine look like a joke.

Sounds like bootmii (with what I/we know/read about it) would be a tremendous help here with it's anti-brick measures.

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Fors I know that patience is a virtue nd everything but do you have any kind of release date, I'm not asking you to release it before you're done, I'm sure we all want to see it at it's best especially after what digity's said.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
but is being very careful as he can't afford to pay to have a wii unbricked again.
if he got his wii back from nintendo he should have a 1 year warranty. i know because i send my wii to nintendo and got a 1 year warranty. so if i fuck it up all i got to spend is $7.50 for shipping.

hope to see this soon!!!
biggrin.gif
good work guys!!!!
bow.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it depends on what reason the wii is sent in. Fors warranty would be consider null and void and weather or not he recieved a renewed warranty wouldn't matter because his work would void it.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Actually it depends on what reason the wii is sent in. Fors warranty would be consider null and void and weather or not he recieved a renewed warranty wouldn't matter because his work would void it.
i bricked my wii and i even send a burnt game when i send it in. they even send it back to me and gave me a new one year warranty!!!
edit
i think the only way the warranty get void is if you put a mod-chip. i can be wrong.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually they can legally void your warranty if you have any modified software/hardware on the system. Now this is of course at nintendos discretion so who's to say. but if your warranty is void upon sending it in I do believe that they will not renew it.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
Actually they can legally void your warranty if you have any modified software/hardware on the system. Now this is of course at nintendos discretion so who's to say. but if your warranty is void upon sending it in I do believe that they will not renew it.

Correct. I have been lucky enough to have Nintendo fix my bricked Wii (bad WAD file) for free, but if they didn't want to, they certainly have the right to charge me as I had voided my warranty by installing unofficial software.

You can always try sending a brick to em, but you have to know that they might respond with how much they're going to charge you to fix it.

Drihscol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yakboy said:
OMG, lock this thread already!!!!
n00b.
this is a development thread.
people are just impatient, and keep on posting crap.
its still a good thread.
always read previous posts before you decide whether its worth it or not.

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
...use proper capitalization.

Ahem....

QUOTE(Drihscol @ Mar 3 2009, 05:13 AM) this is a development thread.
people are just impatient, and keep on posting crap.
its still a good thread.
always read previous posts before you decide whether its worth it or not.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been talk of SM 3.5 being released in the near future (apparently 3.5K came out earlier today) and I was wondering if this is going to delay the release, or are you planning on releasing the 3.4 based cSSM and then updating to 3.5 once all the hacks have been updated (if possible)? Also, Is there any sort of ETA on your dashboard thing that you described as being similar to preloader? Overall, I find that the most interesting part of cSSM since preloader seems to be riddled with bugs (like the whole disk spinning when the console is off thing)? Finally, when cSSM is released will it work with the USB to LAN dongle thing, or will we have to use wireless (like preloader)? Can't wait to hear any news or updates, and I'm really looking forward to this project. Keep up the great work fors and digity.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Please, Forsaekn, or Digitydogs...post any news...even it's a: "We have some problems, it will take some more time", I would be happy about any news..
frown.gif

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fors and digity have some problems, especially with you. Yes you, the people who keep asking for release dates and updates. They will tell you when they are ready.

(this is not meant to insult, just to stop the annoying spam)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum