Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
SWORD21 said:
Forsaekn said:
used to be 3.2 back in the day, still have that work laying around.

My most recent work is based on 3.4. Everything is incorporated including a small patch to remove the TPhack checks so twilight hack can be installed freely again (it wont be deleted on boot either anymore). Lots of surprises. Im a fan of 3.4 because its up to date and the SD card copying etc are MUCH faster. You can consider it a homebrew safe 3.4 :]
Can you guys make one compatible with the next update? (The next update is the one with the storage solution, you can play stuff off the SD card)
For one, you don't know what the next update will do, or when the hell it's coming out. For two, Fors has already said that his hacks are highly modular, and it will be fairly easy to port them to new firmware versions.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I kinda stopped coming here because of all the noob questions i was getting in PM that were asskissed (thats asked for the proper english speaking folk) 100 or more times already with people too lazy to look - i even left my inbox fill up (took 2 days) and then didnt delete it.

With Fors and DD working on this my interest has been peaked again - and as always guys dont forget WiiShizza has an input on a few graphics and the usual suspects have been giving input into a lot of this as well - The only person i havent seen popping his head up is IronMask (i miss him)

I knew Fors was on holidays , but didnt realise he was so busy in work - If im needed for anything you can catch me on MSN or on wadder cause i may leave my inbox here full.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
SWORD21 said:
Forsaekn said:

My most recent work is based on 3.4. Everything is incorporated including a small patch to remove the TPhack checks so twilight hack can be installed freely again (it wont be deleted on boot either anymore). Lots of surprises. Im a fan of 3.4 because its up to date and the SD card copying etc are MUCH faster. You can consider it a homebrew safe 3.4 :]
Can you guys make one compatible with the next update? (The next update is the one with the storage solution, you can play stuff off the SD card)
For one, you don't know what the next update will do, or when the hell it's coming out. For two, Fors has already said that his hacks are highly modular, and it will be fairly easy to port them to new firmware versions.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/946/946778p1.html
IT'S COMING THIS SPRING. "Expect this update by March, if not sooner." It says it will most likely come with an update. But that would be cool if the CSSM can work for the newer updates.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
SWORD21 said:
Vague Rant said:
SWORD21 said:
Forsaekn said:

IT'S COMING THIS SPRING. "Expect this update by March, if not sooner." It says it will mist likely come with an update. But that would be cool if it can work for the newer updates.
Can you read? That article is a list of predictions; do you live your life based on horoscopes and fortune cookies?

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
SWORD21 said:
Vague Rant said:
SWORD21 said:
Forsaekn said:

IT'S COMING THIS SPRING. "Expect this update by March, if not sooner." It says it will mist likely come with an update. But that would be cool if it can work for the newer updates.
Can you read? That article is a list of predictions; do you live your life based on horoscopes and fortune cookies?
Come on, you know there is going to be an update with it. Just wait. And Nintendo did promise they were going to have a solution. I think they're just predicting when it's coming out.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When Fors was speaking to me about cSM initially he informed me what he had a way to make a cSM'd wii do its updates from any server he wanted - so im sure he will have an alternative server for updates which means that any ones put onto that will already be 'user friendly'.
Im not sure where anyone stands on the legal implications , but it should work for anyone if they can get that system working.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair Nintendo did mention last year (it might have been Miyamoto but I will stand to be corrected!) that they'd announce a solution early this year and that it definitely wouldn't be a hard drive solution. I'd say that it's more than likely to happen in the first quarter of this year and March would be a safe bet.

And judging by what I've seen of Onslaught, a 4 player online Co-Op FPS game developed by Hudson for WiiWare, licensed developers have been informed of the solution some time last year. As far as I remember the release date for Onslaught is March which'll tie in with the proposed solution. I can't see it being anything but running WiiWare and VC games from the SD card myself but we'll all have to wait and see.
smile.gif

Anyway, back to the topic I'd just like to add my thanks to you both for working so hard on this...much appreciated!

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
When Fors was speaking to me about cSM initially he informed me what he had a way to make a cSM'd wii do its updates from any server he wanted - so im sure he will have an alternative server for updates which means that any ones put onto that will already be 'user friendly'.
Im not sure where anyone stands on the legal implications , but it should work for anyone if they can get that system working.
True, Fors said all updates and custom menu downloads will be redirected to his server.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
djtaz said:

First: Updating without the fear that it will shutdown something, is the only announced feature that realy interests me in CSSM (except skinning). But I think this is exactly the weak point of CSSM...his own server...since it will contain copyrighted things, Nintendo can shut the server down in no time...it would be safer if he could do it like Dark-Alex...we'll see...I belive in Forsaekn
smile.gif

Oh, and about 6x-Speed...do you realy think Team Twiizers will this release (why is 6x needed for Homebrew?), or release it unsafed?...I'm shure they have done everything, that it won't work for Piracy...

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont host copyright materials, it will host the patches that download / patch and install the next update (or any update i want to push), exactly like DAX's system.

I really doubt we'll see 6x speed...even though honestly we already have backups running what hurt could it really bring to release it. Who cares. but that's their decision.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mugel0190 said:
Sonic4Ever said:
kimikal27 said:
by the way fors, i dont wanna ask too many questions but i'm really curiuse...
about the 6x...
will it be possible?

NEVER

NEVER as in:
- NEVER load Backups without a modchip
- NEVER be able to connect a Harddisk to the Wii
- NEVER load Gamecube Backups
- NEVER modify Games
- NEVER use SDHC
- NEVER $insertwhatyouwant

?
rolleyes.gif

Never because the 3x limit is not imposed by the Wii dashboard or the BIOS, but by the Wii's DVD drive firmware. Breaking this limit without a modchip would require to flash the DVD drive, which is unpossible because the BIOS and the dashboard are known to not have such writing permissions. In fact, Nintendo made it work like this because on the X360, the BIOS have writing permissions on the DVD drive firmware, which made it so easy to flash.

Rocco Savadgie

Trophies
XP
Country
Forsaekn, on this post here you say ERROR 001 is fixed from the system menu.

Why not release information on how you did this patch so it could be added to hack.ini for preloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1