Some questions

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by hvsep, Mar 14, 2009.

Mar 14, 2009

Some questions by hvsep at 7:02 PM (1,023 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. hvsep
    OP

Member hvsep GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I recently ordered a DSTT from DX. It should be coming in any day now. (

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There's not much chance that the DSTT will break your NDS (i.e. blow the fuse). It happens very rarely, and there's not much you can do to prevent it (if you've had your NDS for under a year, the damage would be covered by the warranty). Far more frequently, your DSTT simply won't work due to not making proper contact with the NDS. There's not much you can do if that happens other than stuff some paper or cardboard in with your DSTT to try to help push it towards the NDS contacts. If you have a contact problem, you're better off just returning it for a new one.

If you have a working DSTT, its life span should be many years.

Fakes work pretty much just like real DSTT's other than being susceptible to the fake-killer firmware. There is a program you can use to restore a "killed" fake DSTT, so it's not that big a deal. Of course, you should always use the fake-killer-disabled firmware to avoid having your fake killed. So bottom line -- fakes aren't so bad, but personally I'd still return it for a new one. Usually if you receive a fake, DX will send you a new one and won't require you to send the fake back.

-Bri

3. hvsep
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply, Bri.

I downloaded that package you linked in some of your other posts with the fixed TT.dat file and replaced it with the one in my DSTT. Was that what I was supposed to do or was there something else to do?

4. Bri

United States
    Yes, if you have a fake you just replace the TTMENU.DAT from the official firmware with the fixed TTMENU.DAT from that archive I linked to.

For complete directions, see the stickied FAQ at the top of the DSTT forum.

-Bri

5. hvsep
    OP

United States
    Could I do that even if I don't have a fake? I don't wanna risk having a fake and getting it broken and then having to restore it and stuff. And I really don't wanna open it up either... XD

6. Bri

United States
    Yes, I recommend that you use the fixed TTMENU.DAT (fake-killer disabled) whether you have a fake DSTT or a real DSTT.

But I also recommend that you check to see if you get a fake (see the stickied FAQ for several ways to check) and if you get a fake notify DX and get a real one.

-Bri

7. hvsep
    OP

United States
    Alright, thanks a lot for all your support.

Just one last question: When the product description says it supports wifi, does that mean everything wifi? Because it would be nice to go back to Toys R Us and get another Regigigas. >.

8. Bri

United States
    I don't know. I know that it supports games with WiFi, but I don't know about the Toys R' Us thing.

-Bri

9. Keeley

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i heard wifi works but not to the wii on certain games ie. Pokemon Battle Revo. unless they fixed that... but it works on Geo Wars

10. funnymoney

Newcomer funnymoney Member

United States
    I don't think that iit is very likely that your DS will blow a fuse so I wouldn't worry about that. The life span of the DSTT is really long. I have had mine for 4 months and it is still in perfect shape and I have read on other forums that it lasts a long time. I also don't think that you'll get a fake because on the DealExtreme website it says that they are checking all of them. It is very unlikely but even if you do its not that bad because it is probably exactly the same. If you do get a fake you can return it to DealExtreme and they will send you a new one. Good luck with your DSTT!