1. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi GBATemp folks!

Earlier today I was playing Mario Kart 8 Time Trial mode and I accidentally sent my ghost on the Nintendo Network. But then it made me realize that I can have access to the Nintendo Network even though I entered the DNS address which apparently only block updates (I thought it entirely disabled access to the Nintendo Network). So now I’m really interested in playing online and so naturally I need to clear some confusions I have :

1. Can you indeed play online with game backups on a CFW Wii U without getting banned by Nintendo?

2. If yes, should I always run HaxChi (turn into CFW mode) before I can play online or can I play my backup online on stock 5.5.2 firmware?

3. Is it safe to play online with game backups that have non-legit DLC installed?

4. I read somewhere that Nintendo ban people who are cheating online, I’m not interested in doing that but I’m just wondering what happen if your Nintendo Network account get banned, does it revoke access to your purchased games and therefore brick your Wii U because you can’t access HaxChi anymore (which is installed on top of a DS VC game)?

If you can’t answer every four questions, it’s okay just answer the ones you can. Thanks in advance for the help and have nice day (or night depending on where you live) everyone. :)

Last edited by ThePSGuy, Feb 16, 2018
  2. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Addict

Finland
    1. Yes
    2. Not needed if you can run the game without being in cfw mode.
    3. Yes
    4. I'm almost certain it won't.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    4. That's actually a very good question. I've never thought of that before. It's easy to avoid tho. You only get banned if you cheat online. Just don't do it. Interesting question tho

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I doubt they would revoke access to a game you already downloaded, seem a bit extreme, unless it was in the disclaimer for it. Then the answer should be in there.

5. ThePSGuy

OP ThePSGuy Member
    Newcomer

France
    Alright thanks everyone for helping me out. :)
    Also, if nobody ever reported anything about question #4 then my guess is that they don't revoke access to purchased content when banning Nintendo Network account.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, regarding, Online