Hacking Some questions regarding Online Play...

ThePSGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi GBATemp folks!

Earlier today I was playing Mario Kart 8 Time Trial mode and I accidentally sent my ghost on the Nintendo Network. But then it made me realize that I can have access to the Nintendo Network even though I entered the DNS address which apparently only block updates (I thought it entirely disabled access to the Nintendo Network). So now I’m really interested in playing online and so naturally I need to clear some confusions I have :

1. Can you indeed play online with game backups on a CFW Wii U without getting banned by Nintendo?

2. If yes, should I always run HaxChi (turn into CFW mode) before I can play online or can I play my backup online on stock 5.5.2 firmware?

3. Is it safe to play online with game backups that have non-legit DLC installed?

4. I read somewhere that Nintendo ban people who are cheating online, I’m not interested in doing that but I’m just wondering what happen if your Nintendo Network account get banned, does it revoke access to your purchased games and therefore brick your Wii U because you can’t access HaxChi anymore (which is installed on top of a DS VC game)?

If you can’t answer every four questions, it’s okay just answer the ones you can. Thanks in advance for the help and have nice day (or night depending on where you live) everyone. :)

Last edited by ThePSGuy,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi GBATemp folks!

Earlier today I was playing Mario Kart 8 Time Trial mode and I accidentally sent my ghost on the Nintendo Network. But then it made me realize that I can have access to the Nintendo Network even though I entered the DNS address which apparently only block updates (I thought it entirely disabled access to the Nintendo Network). So now I’m really interested in playing online and so naturally I need to clear some confusions I have :

1. Can you indeed play online with game backups on a CFW Wii U without getting banned by Nintendo?

2. If yes, should I always run HaxChi (turn into CFW mode) before I can play online or can I play my backup online on stock 5.5.2 firmware?

3. Is it safe to play online with game backups that have non-legit DLC installed?

4. I read somewhere that Nintendo ban people who are cheating online, I’m not interested in doing that but I’m just wondering what happen if your Nintendo Network account get banned, does it revoke access to your purchased games and therefore brick your Wii U because you can’t access HaxChi anymore (which is installed on top of a DS VC game)?

If you can’t answer every four questions, it’s okay just answer the ones you can. Thanks in advance for the help and have nice day (or night depending on where you live) everyone. :)

1. Yes
2. Not needed if you can run the game without being in cfw mode.
3. Yes
4. I'm almost certain it won't.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi GBATemp folks!

4. That's actually a very good question. I've never thought of that before. It's easy to avoid tho. You only get banned if you cheat online. Just don't do it. Interesting question tho

ThePSGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright thanks everyone for helping me out. :)
Also, if nobody ever reported anything about question #4 then my guess is that they don't revoke access to purchased content when banning Nintendo Network account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8