Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I just got a Wii U and am thinking of installing the Homebrew Channel to run Wii/GCN games. A few questions:

-I am thinking of going with the LEGO Batman hack. Am I going to just need the game one time and then I can return it? Or am I going to have to keep it for whatever reason?
-Does the SD card for the exploit HAVE to be 2GB or below and not SDHC?
-Can Wii and GC backups be loaded through a flash drive? Or does it only work with an external HDD?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
1. You will need it just the one time for the hack.

2. Yes, it needs to be less than 2GB only for the installation of HBC. You can use a SDHC with Homebrew afterwards.

3. No you don't need an external HDD if you don't have many backups, I currently use a 32GB flash drive for wii games. GC games can also be loaded through a flash drive. The Drive does have to be Fat32 for Nintendont to work though.

artisticMink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1) Go with Smash Bros, it's widely supported and also works on PAL consoles. You need it just once but you probably want to keep it around.
2) For installing the hbc: 2GB max, no sdhc. After that, use whatever you wish.
3) It can as well load from a sd card but for that you have to patch some critical IOS stuff. Not recommended.

Make sure to read both threads:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/

I didn't and got a worthless WiiU now.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I just got a Wii U and am thinking of installing the Homebrew Channel to run Wii/GCN games. A few questions:

-I am thinking of going with the LEGO Batman hack. Am I going to just need the game one time and then I can return it? Or am I going to have to keep it for whatever reason?
-Does the SD card for the exploit HAVE to be 2GB or below and not SDHC?
-Can Wii and GC backups be loaded through a flash drive? Or does it only work with an external HDD?
Hi!

First, yes after the exploit you don't need the game anymore. But you should keep it just in case. Second the SD card must be 2gb or lower and not SDHC (you can try, but the normal SD ones have better compatibility) and third you can use a flash drive/external drive. Just format the drive to FAT32 with 64kb of cluster size (for better results with GameCube games) and you're ready to go.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i've not used any hack except Smash stack either, I'm not sure the others work as well as that one.

Yes, read up properly and backup your Nand and keys. Just installing HBC and using loaders isn't really advanced stuff, but still make sure you know what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1