Homebrew Some Questions about Notifications

josamilu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So maybe you heard that I tried to add Notifications trought a Homebrew app in CFW.
I finaly did it and got the Notification posted. With the Notification I was able to start the Homebrew app trought the Notification.
Behind this entire project I have a general theory/idea.
Are we able to launch the Homebrew App through the Notifications Applet in SYSnand?
I did some reaserch about the Notification Applet, but there is neraly no documentation about it.
So I decided to do the research on my own.
I went into SYSnand and wanted to start the Homebrew app trough Sysnand. But when I looked there there was not the Notification that I made with the app.
So now my Questions.

-Is the Notification removed when looking at it in Sysnand? (I think no, because the Notification is still there in CFW)
-Where is the Notification saved? (Maybe on the NAND? I don't think it is saved on the SD Card)
-If the Notification is saved on the secret partition on the CFW emunand, are we able to extract it unpatch the CFW and then load it in again to use it with MT Card Classic Emunand and the Notification is still there?

Those are just some ideas I have since a long term in my mind. Thanks for anyone who helps :D

-josamilu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They're stored on the NAND (meaning on emuNAND it'd be in your emuNAND partition) as far as I know:
  • "news.db": This is the main save-file, the filesize is fixed to 0x2BD0-bytes.
  • "newsXXX.txt" This is the message data for this notification, where XXX is the decimal notification-index in the below headers-array. The filesize should be <= <size listed here>, since that's the max size read by the notifications applet.
  • "newsXXX.mpo" This is the MPO data for this notification if any, where XXX is the decimal notification-index in the below headers-array. The filesize should be <= <size listed here>, since that's the max size read by the notifications applet.
Even if you could get a notification from a homebrew application onto your sysNAND, you'd have to be running in Gateway sysNAND mode or using that PBT CFW in order to launch your homebrew, since the signing checks (that would verify your homebrew CIA is, in fact, not signed correctly) would still be in place otherwise.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

josamilu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They're stored on the NAND (meaning on emuNAND it'd be in your emuNAND partition) as far as I know:
  • "news.db": This is the main save-file, the filesize is fixed to 0x2BD0-bytes.
  • "newsXXX.txt" This is the message data for this notification, where XXX is the decimal notification-index in the below headers-array. The filesize should be <= <size listed here>, since that's the max size read by the notifications applet.
  • "newsXXX.mpo" This is the MPO data for this notification if any, where XXX is the decimal notification-index in the below headers-array. The filesize should be <= <size listed here>, since that's the max size read by the notifications applet.
Even if you could get a notification from a homebrew application onto your sysNAND, you'd have to be running in Gateway sysNAND mode or using that PBT CFW in order to launch your homebrew, since the signing checks (that would verify your homebrew CIA is, in fact, not signed correctly) would still be in place otherwise.
Thanks for the Info where the Notifications are stored. I will look into it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure your right with the signing checks, but maybe (i sure they are not) they are disabled, if you run an app trought the Notifications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show