GoYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello!

I was not really active in the Homebrew scene lately and one thing I heard that you can downgrade with any 3DS possible to 9.2. Since I have a New 3DS XL I'm waiting for a more safely method to do so. However, I still have some questions about 9.2:

- Can you access the eShop and other web applications without updating?
- if so: even with blocking the 3DS update notification?

- Do the CIAs of homebrew application actually show up in the home menu?

- It is possible to show up my bought retail games as a CIA in the home menu? I don't like switching the cardridge all the time and I don't want to buy everything twice

I searched for possible answers in this forum but can't really find something or I don't even understand most things due to my absence.
I hope that you can understand my questions and thanks in advance :)

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
1: eShop, kinda. there's some spoofers. but you'r effectively never going to *need* to go onto the eShop again anyway.
2: Web apps are just that. web apps. the browser is the browser, you're just gonna be using an older version.
3: CIA files are effectively installers. You just install them onto your 3DS using a program like FBI. you can dump your existing retail carts with a gameway or whatnot, or you can just download them. (don't ask here, there's other places to look.)
4: See No. 3, you just download the CIAs for the games you've bought elsewhere, and install them.

Look up the Tutorials forum, and find a good thread. make youre you're looking at one for the N3DS. Also, make sure you're running a compatible/downgradeabe firmware. And with all hacking endeavours, BE. CAREFUL. Read everything twice, and follow each step to the letter.

GoYoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1: eShop, kinda. there's some spoofers. but you'r effectively never going to *need* to go onto the eShop again anyway.
2: Web apps are just that. web apps. the browser is the browser, you're just gonna be using an older version.
3: CIA files are effectively installers. You just install them onto your 3DS using a program like FBI. you can dump your existing retail carts with a gameway or whatnot, or you can just download them. (don't ask here, there's other places to look.)
4: See No. 3, you just download the CIAs for the games you've bought elsewhere, and install them.

Look up the Tutorials forum, and find a good thread. make youre you're looking at one for the N3DS. Also, make sure you're running a compatible/downgradeabe firmware. And with all hacking endeavours, BE. CAREFUL. Read everything twice, and follow each step to the letter.

Thanks! :) So using HANS on 9.2 with the eShop still works? I had some problems here and there with it recently. I think I won't use it that much, but still, missing out on the eShop is not that nice for me.
Can't wait to downgrade and I hope I will understand terms like SysNAND and so on that day. It's quite hard to follow everything if you were absence. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there