Some (noob) questions about using 9.2 firmware

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GoYoshi, Jan 18, 2016.

1. GoYoshi
    OP

GoYoshi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello!

I was not really active in the Homebrew scene lately and one thing I heard that you can downgrade with any 3DS possible to 9.2. Since I have a New 3DS XL I'm waiting for a more safely method to do so. However, I still have some questions about 9.2:

- Can you access the eShop and other web applications without updating?
    - if so: even with blocking the 3DS update notification?

- Do the CIAs of homebrew application actually show up in the home menu?

- It is possible to show up my bought retail games as a CIA in the home menu? I don't like switching the cardridge all the time and I don't want to buy everything twice

I searched for possible answers in this forum but can't really find something or I don't even understand most things due to my absence.
    I hope that you can understand my questions and thanks in advance :)

2. aos10

aos10 how i fotochop?

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Do you know what CIA file even mean?

Quantumcat likes this.
  3. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012
    1: eShop, kinda. there's some spoofers. but you'r effectively never going to *need* to go onto the eShop again anyway.
    2: Web apps are just that. web apps. the browser is the browser, you're just gonna be using an older version.
    3: CIA files are effectively installers. You just install them onto your 3DS using a program like FBI. you can dump your existing retail carts with a gameway or whatnot, or you can just download them. (don't ask here, there's other places to look.)
    4: See No. 3, you just download the CIAs for the games you've bought elsewhere, and install them.

Look up the Tutorials forum, and find a good thread. make youre you're looking at one for the N3DS. Also, make sure you're running a compatible/downgradeabe firmware. And with all hacking endeavours, BE. CAREFUL. Read everything twice, and follow each step to the letter.

4. GoYoshi
    OP

GoYoshi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks! :) So using HANS on 9.2 with the eShop still works? I had some problems here and there with it recently. I think I won't use it that much, but still, missing out on the eShop is not that nice for me.
    Can't wait to downgrade and I hope I will understand terms like SysNAND and so on that day. It's quite hard to follow everything if you were absence. :unsure:

5. muskieratboi

muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Sep 19, 2012