Hacking some nes wads not working since 4.0e

  • Thread starter Thread starter Apekop
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,492
  • Replies Replies 25

Apekop

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
223
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
Location
Location, location, location.
XP
36
Country
Netherlands
hey guys, been on 4.0e quite some time now.
Running cios 36 rev10, miosrev3, preloader .29.

Since I installed 4.0, some nes wads (like DK2) stopped working. Whats the dealio? How does I fixes it?
Thanks in advance guys
 
And thats why i stayed on 3.2!

I hate the fact that on 4.0 you could be updated by N, though not likely

QUOTE said:
Since I installed 4.0, some nes wads (like DK2) stopped working. Whats the dealio? How does I fixes it?

Have you tried to redownload the game or try another regine and use freethewads, you never know it may work!

paul
 
guess lots of people are having the same problem. I dont think its the region of the wads thats the problem... probably some kind of ios that these wads use to convert video format or something thats patched by 4.0. Any ideas? It happens on some nes and snes games.
 
i get the same problem my nes and snes
sad.gif
 
Who cares about classic wads? The emulators for homebrew all kick ass, and you can fit every Nes, Snes, Genesis, SMS, and GG game on one DVD. Your best bet is to save the memory for N64 wads and emulate the rest.
 
Servdogg said:
Who cares about classic wads? The emulators for homebrew all kick ass, and you can fit every Nes, Snes, Genesis, SMS, and GG game on one DVD. Your best bet is to save the memory for N64 wads and emulate the rest.
Well I for one had these long before I knew about hacking the Wii, and now I to have all the emu's as well, but was just answering the question at hand.
 
just to get the record straight... i succesfully installed Battletoads nes which didn't work. i just did a new injection but replaced the old 00.app with the new one so i didn't need to edit everything over again in the 00.app worked like a charm... (i guess it had to do with wrong data or some sort, although it did install on 3.2...)
 
well, last week i updated my wii to 4.0U, and after that, my brother asked me that if i can install DKC2, and well, everything works like a charm. (Under Cios10 and wad manager 1.3.
 
youre correct, FGOD, the problem is not with ios249. However, since 4.0 nintendo patches more than Wanin's update method, Im guessing these wads run off an IOS that was patched if you updated through Nintendo and left alone with Wanin's update. If we know if thats the case, we might look for an older version of the IOS in question and use that to run all the games...
 

Site & Scene News