Some help on creating multiple directories(NDS Folder)

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Pie_Master178, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Pie_Master178
    OP

Newcomer Pie_Master178 Member

Australia
    Hi,

I recently created multiple folders in my "NDS" folder, the folders are named the following;

NDS_RPG
    NDS_PLATFORMER
    NDS_ACTION
    NDS_PUZZLE
    NDS_STRPG
    NDS_ADVENTURE

The list goes on, I did the same for the "GBA" folder,now my question is...is it possible for me to access those folders by simply selecting NDS OR GBA(once your M3 boots up).

Instead of me, having to enter NDS folder and then pressing start and changing from /NDS to /NDS/NDS_RPG? I mean sure it doesn't take that long and I guess I can get used to it.However it would be great if I can simply enter the NDS folder and quickly select the Genre I need.

Is that even possible, for either the NDS folder or GBA folder?, I only put the NDS as an example,for the GBA section I did the same except they were named GBA_"insert genre".

Any advice on this matter would be very helpful, thanks.

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    If you're using official firmware then i think you have to put them inside the NDS folder, i dont think it works with subfolders. If you're using Sakura, then you can access them easily.

3. Pie_Master178
    OP

Australia
    Sorry?

You mean I have to put the games inside the NDS folder? or do you mean the folders....because that is what I did and I get a blank screen,unless I press start and change from /NDS to /NDS/NDS_"insert genre".

I'm holding off Sakura as I heard there are still some minor issues, I'm thinking of using triple loader,that way I can have the best of both worlds.....

4. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    You have to put the .nds files inside the NDS folders, you cant have a subfolder or the M3 wont see it.

5. Pie_Master178
    OP

Australia
    Ah okay, that is what I thought...I guess 10 seconds or so changing Genres manually, will not kill me [​IMG]

Thanks for your quick replies, they were very helpful.

6. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you get M3 Sakura then your method would work perfectly. It's a new firmware for the M3DS Real. Here's the faq: http://www.tinyurl.com/m3sakura.