acekard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'll explain something.

1. There're some TPs on the black PCB in the first batch. It won't influence the function of ak2. It's for us to test the PCB. And of course, all the ak2.1 are tested before they're come out from factory.
2. We've removed the TP now because we found the fault rate of PCB is very low. I mean, we do not need some extra electronic tests anymore.
3. We have some old green PCB which has fixed fat error issue. And the sticker shows "ver 2.1" too. This version of ak2 is as same as new ak2.1. They are all good ones.
4. We've tested battery on ak2.1. A DSL used for around 6 months, 3 level brightness, medium volume. Run the intro of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin? It takes 5.5 hours to turn red.
5. We have a very cool website for skins on ak2 and akrpg. http://skin.acekard.com

Thank you for supporting Acekard.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the info! Great that you fixed the problems. I never had those, but it's a bit hard to recommend a cart with so many faulty units.

One question: is the spring slot also better in the AK2.1? I have an AceKard 2 (not 2.1), and the springslot works but feels extremely flimsy. Also, the SD-card needs to be pushed very deeply in the AK2. It's really hard to get it in. Is this problem still present in the AK2.1, or has it been solved?

acekard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Maikel Steneker said:
One question: is the spring slot also better in the AK2.1?

The factory of spring slot had improved their product. They also raise their price of it:) So i think it'll be better. I've used this type of TF adapter for about 5 weeks. It works fine. As you know, we'll test our cart for many times in one day so i think we've used this slot long enough.

Thank you.

Skydancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maikel Steneker said:
One question: is the spring slot also better in the AK2.1? I have an AceKard 2 (not 2.1), and the springslot works but feels extremely flimsy. Also, the SD-card needs to be pushed very deeply in the AK2. It's really hard to get it in. Is this problem still present in the AK2.1, or has it been solved?

I have both AK2s. The AK 2.1 Springslot is worse! The Old one is better.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, I think both do the job fine
smile.gif

Hopefully all the problems have been fixed, because it is (the) best card on the market - for the price and features.

(Even my friend with a CycloDS is jealous of the menu and some of the features)

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
That maybe true, but I just don't like the slowdown when saving in Pokemon games as well as some graphic glitches here and there. >.>

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i spoke to norm about the ak 2.1s we have in #acekard on the gbatemp irc network. we both have the same issues.

1) the spring doesn't release the TF, it get stuck part way. you have to sort of move it over and up to get it out.
2) the kits themselves make a really LOUD click when they grab the arm inside the slot upon going in. i have no idea if this will cause issues at all for my nds in the future, it probably is just due to the construction of the kit, type of plastic, etc.

other than that it feels just like the old ak2 i had. works the same, no problems. it would be nice to see a small price increase which includes a shell more like the rpg. stronger and tougher with a more responsive spring. not sure if that option is possible, i know it all comes down to the factory and what they are set up to make.

cheers,
-another world

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
1) the spring doesn't release the TF, it get stuck part way. you have to sort of move it over and up to get it out.

I think that is just the sticky outy bit (technical term) on the side of the micro SD getting stuck inside the cart... nothing anyone can do about that really.

good to know my green pcb 2.1 is all good.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
Another World said:

I think that is just the sticky outy bit (technical term) on the side of the micro SD getting stuck inside the cart... nothing anyone can do about that really.

good to know my green pcb 2.1 is all good.

I just got my acekard 2.1 today, and i think its better if it doesent go all the way out (you couldnt accidentally have it spring out and fly across the room

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My black PCB 2.1 Acekard2 arrived from DX yesterday. Using the new one, my DS's colors are so much brighter and the sound is so much higher quality! Even "Homie Rollerz" has incredible graphics and game play when run from the 2.1 Acekard2! Oh, and the top screen is now a touch screen too! And I can emulate GBA from slot 1! It's true!

My 2.1 has the TP's on the PCB. The shell is nearly identical to the old one, but it doesn't have the hole for the chip to stick out so is perhaps slightly more sturdy. The clips are just as crappy as the old one, and in fact one of the clips was bent backwards when I received it (I bent it back and it's now fine). I imagine that gluing the whole thing shut would increase its sturdiness, but I've never had a problem with my old one and don't anticipate having a problem with the new one.

My old one fit into my DS fine despite the protruding chip, and this one seems to fit about the same -- that is to say not as smoothly as a regular game cartridge but certainly not a problem. The microSD slot doesn't seem to require me to push the microSD card in quite as far as the old one, which is a good thing because the old one was difficult to get in sometimes.

Despite the blatant lies at the top of this post, the 2.1 seems to be identical operationally.

-Bri

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
My black PCB 2.1 Acekard2 arrived from DX yesterday. Using the new one, my DS's colors are so much brighter and the sound is so much higher quality! Even "Homie Rollerz" has incredible graphics and game play when run from the 2.1 Acekard2! Oh, and the top screen is now a touch screen too! And I can emulate GBA from slot 1! It's true!
Still doesn't beat the DS-XTRREEEEEEEEEME
wink.gif
that can even emulate PS3 in full HD and surround sound!

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
did they ever include manuals? AFAIK mine didn't come with one, and i got it fairly soon after release.. unless it was something they added later then removed again.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's questionable whether the "manual" that comes with the older ones is useful anyway. Its "manual" (such as it is) is located inside the cardboard backing of the clamshell. The extent of the instructions (copied exactly from the "manual") are:
[*]Copy the latest firmware to your TF card. You can download it at www.acekard.com.[*]Copy the program to the any folder at the TF card.[*]Power on and enter the folder then just press A button to launch.
It also has similarly poor instructions for changing the skins.

The new one does have the website on it, so in that regard is just as useful as the "manual."

-Bri

CupNoodles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a manual is really needed because most people buying a Acekard already know what it is and how to use it. However, I could see how a manual could be useful if someone saw it in a store and bought it on impulse but I'll assume that's a very small number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...