Hacking Some DS game saves reset after an hour?

Nintendo Maniac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really odd... I've backed up 4 of my games: Brain Age, Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart DS, and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt (hey, it's still pretty fun
tongue.gif
)

But the problem is that for some reason, my MPH and MKDS saves seem to reset after an hour or so of not being played...yet my Brain Age and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt saves stay and don't reset just fine :wtf:

For patch settings, I'm trimming and adding soft reset to all of them. MKDS and Brain Age are 1x read speed while MPH and First Hunt are 4x.

If I've done anything utterly n00bish, please, knock some sense into me.
tongue.gif

OFF TOPIC NOTE: I've lurked here for a little while... but I mostly hang at places like gbadev.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had problems with saves when using soft reset. Doing a hard reset instead fixed it.

I could be wrong, I'm fairly new to this too, but as I understand it the save is written to the flash card on boot after resetting. If you switch off and leave off the save will expire (though I'm sure i read that's supposed to take about 8 hours). Do you power-up & power-down after each session? Are you maybe only booting to a slot one device, leaving slot-2 save to expire in the background.

In the best traditions of BB's, this should be the point where a board veteran calls me an idiot and tells you what's really going on.

Off topic, lurking's great.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
the M3 has a battery that SHOULD last for 3 years, that keeps saves in its RAM....after booting the M3 the saves get written to the microSD, but that doesnt explain why it doesnt totally fail, instead of a few hours each time >_>...

I blame soft reset, I NEVER use it.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i woulda just said your battery is prob dead, replace it or something close to that. if it keeps doing that just find a battery and replace it, prob requires some soldering or rigging up. there also should be a numbers or letters on the battery to help you find a exact match online/offline

if its fixed by turning off soft reset then leave the battery alone, they prob will fix it on the next patch if found

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld