Hacking some confusion with playing backups

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey guys i've recently softmodded my old 80gb phat ps3, following the stickied softmod guide all went fine and I have been able to backup my games, and run the backups, but it hasn't gone quite as expected.

after installing the bdemu pkg files (i installed both because i was having problems) and loading the game through multiman 1.17.02 the game preview shows up on the xmb but just loads to a black screen and won't go any further. I did a little bit of research and tried the old way using the lv2-v9 pkg file and installing the payload and the backups will load this way.

Another problem im having is running backups from my 640gb western digital external drive, but it could easily just be the drives problem, its given me problems before. Oh yeah its formatted to fat32 aswell.

Im currently using kmeaw cfw and was wondering whether a different cfw will work using the bdemu files installed, just so i don't have to use the payload every time.

Thanks

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yep i've tried it with and without a disc in the drive. Does it matter whether i use the 'apphome/ps3game' item, or the disc item from the menu?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Just to check something... did you install BDEMU before, or after installing MultiMAN? It just sounds like BDEMU.BIN isn't being recognised.

Also, is this happening to every game or just specific games?

EDIT: It shouldn't matter whether you use the ps3game item or the disc item... I always use the disc myself. And I always have LOTR Conquest in the drive so I can tell when it's 'working' or not.

Finally, have you tried using Gaia or Rogero manager instead?

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I installed bdemu after installing multiman, just followed the guide step by step.
Loading from external hd doesn't work with any games, i've tried them all thinking that it might just be a problem with larger games running, but the smallest one (sega megadrive ultimate collection at

baggieman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if i were you i would put offw back on 3.55,then kmeaw 3.55,then multiman,then bdemu-355km pkg
seems like somat gone tits up somewere,hey its worth a try as at the moment its no good anyways!!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
When changing CFW version, it's recommended to go to 3.55 OFW first then to your chosen version. It's not necessary, but it does help avoid making any messed up files more messed up afterwards.

EDIT: I really would recommend trying the other backup managers before you switch CFW. Every time you run a FW update (official or custom) you run a small chance of bricking your console.

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so this is what i did.

- deleted multiman, lv2_v9
- installed bdemu files again
- installed rogero manager 8.2

Now everything loads fine from internal and external
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the help originality, you're a champion.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
lv2 patcher and BDEMU is only required on cfw without a payload (Kmeaw, Wutangrza).
Launching Lv2 patcher and BDEMU.bin allow access to the blu-ray emulation function provided by the PS3 internal functions (system calls).
Note that for users with fw3.41, it's provided by the dongle's payload, you don't need lv2 patcher nor BDEMU.

The patching it is done temporarilly until you switch off your console.
The lv2 Patcher should be launched 1 time "before" launching multiMAN 1.16.00+
While BDEMU is loaded by multiMAN automatically.

If you install bdemu.pkg, it will create a "bdemu.bin" file in multiMAN/USRDIR/ folder.
BDEMU is only for multiMAN, on Kmeaw and wutangrza cfw3.55.

Rogero Manager and Gaia Manager already include a payload which give access to the blu-ray emulation, you don't have to use lv2 patcher for these managers.
Note that running more than one memory patch can make conflicts.

So, don't launch Lv2 Patcher if you already installed BDEMU in multiman and plan to launch multiMAN.
Don't use Lv2 Patcher if you use Rogero or Gaia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1