sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I haven't kept up to date with what's happening psp wise and CFWs. I have a psp-1000 which has 5.00 m33-6 CFW on it. I understand that I need to install some new CFW in order to play the latest games. How exactly do I go about doing that, I have a pandora battery if it helps.

I also read the thread about prometheus and that guide seems straight forward enough but I don't get some of the instructions

QUOTE said:
1. Using UMDGen, extract the eboot.bin file from \PSP_GAME\SYSDIR.
2. Using UMDGen, delete the eboot.bin from \PSP_GAME\SYSDIR.
3. Using UMDGen, extract the libfont.prx file from \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\DATA\PRX.
4. Using UMDGen, delete the libfont.prx file from \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\DATA\PRX.

I'm probably not reading it carefully, but first you extract something to some dir, then you delete that same file you just extracted without doing anything to it? I don't get that bit.

Thanks in advance

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
It means delete it from the ISO once its extracted. You have the file out of the ISO you just need to tell the program you don't want that file in the ISO once you rebuild.
You don't necessarily have to upgrade to 5.50GEN D3, D3 just means you don't have to patch so much. with M33-6 you must decrypt all new games but they will run fine

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't bother updating from where you are...you gain and lose so it's not worth it. Either get pre-patched games or do it yourself...honestly it's not really challenging.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so if I follow the prometheus guide, that will enable me to play the newer games even with m33? I just have to do each of those steps for each game I want to play right? I don't mind having to do that, or is there a better method to approach this.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, it sounds less troublesome now

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Only with the newest of the new games might you have to do this patching. Even then there are quite a few sites where you can download backups of your favorite PSP UMDs that are prepatched.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well i am on bcg as my only gaming dedicating site, and usually they don't do prepatched games, so I will have to patch them myself right? In order to get it working on m33, and there's no point in installing gen (or whatever it's called) cfw on my psp??

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a Decripter for m33 (forgot name) which does all the process as a homebrew in the PSP. You'll need to follow the prometheus on each game who needs a diferent file (I think the method for kingdom hearts works with the same files with God eater) only for 6.20+ games.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I tried to use EDecrypt to decrypt and patch the isos.

However when I boot it up and try to i get the following message:

QUOTE said:
Decrypting ms0:/enc/pspking-nsunh3.ISO to ms0:/enc/pspking-nsunh3.ISO
Input buffer allocation failure (tried to allocate 1360357376 bytes)

The iso size is 1.3gb I think, I have 2.38gb free on the memory stick. The result is a log file but no iso.

hope someone can help.

thanks

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Naruto is a 6.20 game and therefore you need to follow the Prometheus method

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users