Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Great, man!

But...

Is there another site where I can find the 3.1J_V2?

Because the torrent for it is just so slow...
wacko.gif

stan86

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes!!!

patched the iso with 3.1J_v2
works with d2ckey + 3.2J

and the 3 PAL disc that i burn earlier with just wiibrickblock all works as well...

thanks heaps...

junming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a Jap Wii with Wiikey.

I Use The Mario Galaxy JAP To Update my firmware from english pokemon battle revolution.

now i have the PAL mario kart iso

if i just do the regiionfree and brickblocker on the mario kart ISO will it be alright to update from the mario kart update? and play it?

Thanks

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So you have SMG JAP update or English Pokemon update ?

Whatever it is... just as long as you must have 3.1J_V2 in your Wii. Mario kart will work.

junming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
now my jap wii have the super mario galaxy firmware. can i use the wii update to update my firmware then play the mario kart wii PAL?

cus i dun have the 3.1J_v2 anyone can give alink to direct download? torrent just too slow. 0.00%.

sosodef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help ???

I have a NTSC Wii with 3.2u update, not sure what Wiikey update is though, I couldn't find the latest from Wiikey, because their site was down?

But when I go to load Mario Kart, it says "Error". I burned 2 discs and I used this..wiu1.1 and it said it took the update out, but my Wii does not recognize it as a disc??

Thanks again sosodef

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
junming said:
now my jap wii have the super mario galaxy firmware. can i use the wii update to update my firmware then play the mario kart wii PAL?

cus i dun have the 3.1J_v2 anyone can give alink to direct download? torrent just too slow. 0.00%.

According to http://wum.talevas.com/?page=dev
A Japanse SMG has only 3.0J firmware. You will need 3.1J_v2 to play Mario Kart Wii.

QUOTE(sosodef @ Apr 10 2008, 08:16 PM) Could anyone help ???

I have a NTSC Wii with 3.2u update, not sure what Wiikey update is though, I couldn't find the latest from Wiikey, because their site was down?

But when I go to load Mario Kart, it says "Error". I burned 2 discs and I used this..wiu1.1 and it said it took the update out, but my Wii does not recognize it as a disc??

Thanks again sosodef

It could be the 001 Error. I am not sure. Did not experience this. Most likely will be something to do with your WiiKey. Update it to the latest Wiikey which is 1.9s. Try googling it. Somebody might mirror it.

oakkies

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Need 3.1J_v2 dump file. Bit link dose not work. It is extremely slow ~0.00kb/s.

Is there anyone upload it as direct link.

PLEASE...............................

Luis Oscar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Link works but it goes at like 20kb/s
Hey i was wondering if its possible to get the 3.2J update so i can update with the Wii Update Manager, i think i semi bricked my Japanese wii with Super Smash Bros USA, (cant access the settings) so i was hoping that Mario Kart JAP would have the 3.2J so that i could update it and fix my wii, unfortunately i insterted mario kart, and it didn't even ask me for an update and worked perfectly, how can i update???
i have to update because i wanna buy some of the Wii Ware games to play with my Japanese friends... please help >_

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Mario Kart has only 3.1J_V2 firmware. Therefore it will not help to UNBRICK your wii.

At the moment, i don't think any games has 3.2J firmware.

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had trouble with WuM crashing on them?

Whenever I got to click on Replace button it always crashes the program. I have tried it on 3 different PC's. 2 different versions of Vista and tried XP. All do it,

I also tried WuM version 0.8.

Maybe its the ISO doing it, maybe I need to re-extract it.

kiddbios

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am understanding correctly, we are patching the 3.1U_v2 update into the PAL version of Mario Kart so it will update our systems w/an NTSC update for our specific region. I'm already running the 3.2u firmware, so I would assume that the 3.1U_v2 update on the patched game disk would detect that I am running a newer firmware and not update, thereby leaving me with the same firmware I'm currently running. So will following the instructions on the first page help me at all?

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donchen said:
Mario Kart has only 3.1J_V2 firmware. Therefore it will not help to UNBRICK your wii.

At the moment, i don't think any games has 3.2J firmware.

Your instructions worked great! Thanks!

Wiinja Deluxe
NTSC-U Wii
Unscrubbed Pal release.

QUOTE(kiddbios @ Apr 11 2008, 06:53 PM) If I am understanding correctly, we are patching the 3.1U_v2 update into the PAL version of Mario Kart so it will update our systems w/an NTSC update for our specific region. I'm already running the 3.2u firmware, so I would assume that the 3.1U_v2 update on the patched game disk would detect that I am running a newer firmware and not update, thereby leaving me with the same firmware I'm currently running. So will following the instructions on the first page help me at all?

I was wondering the same thing since I had just updated to 3.2u last week, but it worked fine. It will ask you to update, click ok then it will play fine.

donchen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
kiddbios said:
If I am understanding correctly, we are patching the 3.1U_v2 update into the PAL version of Mario Kart so it will update our systems w/an NTSC update for our specific region. I'm already running the 3.2u firmware, so I would assume that the 3.1U_v2 update on the patched game disk would detect that I am running a newer firmware and not update, thereby leaving me with the same firmware I'm currently running. So will following the instructions on the first page help me at all?

@kiddbios
Your understanding is SLIGHTLY wrong.

I am running 3.2J firmware as well but when I tried to play mario kart. It was still unable to start. The reason being is there is SOME updates in 3.1U_v2 that 3.2U firmware does not have. And the updates that are missing are needed to run Mario Kart Wii.

When i first got my Wii, it was already running on 3.2J firmware and I thought it was the latest and i should be able to play all my games. But this concept is wrong. Like i mentioned above, there are some updates that you need to run through GAMES like SSBB and SMG. You will NOT BE ABLE to get the updates through WIFI. ONLY THROUGH GAMES.

Therefore, even though you have the latest firmware 3.2U through WIFI, you will not be able to play Mario Kart Wii. UNLESS you have once updates your Wii through games using SSBB or SMG.

Hope it is clearer now.

@96hondaex

Great! Glad that you got it working!

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
we are only running into this 'older' firmware nonsense because of out of region gaming...

otherwise the general rule is that the higher firmware should not need to be supplemented
with older firmwares - in any case thats why this board is here - to share information and give
advice to each other....

one thing though - worldwide releases should be the norm for nintendo and other gaming companies
but i guess they still need to market a game - recoup some money and market again in a different
continent.

anyway - the name of the game is to try and play any release brickblocked - if it doesnt play then establish
why it wont play and whether an update is avoidable or not...

SHREDMAN

muckmynuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with this please?
I just tried mario kart for the first time and I'm getting the black screen. I dont understand your instructions either.. I went to that 3.1 update link you posted, and it's just a bunch of giberish that comes up. How do I download it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.