Homebrew SOLID YELLOW SCREEN

mar10n1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i open homebrew launcher apps it shows a yellow screen. this happens with every app i open. can someone help me and find a solution

mar10n1c

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
launchers are an exception

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry for posting that mAny times

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
launchers are an exception
Not sure what you mean by that. But I think steelhax doesn't have perfect compatibility with homebrew. If you follow the guide linked above you will be able to install homebrew, games, emulators etc. straight to the home menu.
To clarify, homebrew used to work fine with steelhax and other *hax, but at some point *hax was updated and it broke support for a lot of older homebrew. The way homebrew is loaded with CFW is different, so you don't have that issue.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand the "yellow screen" is an out-of-memory error, and that you can fix it in some cases by targeting an app that has access to more memory.

Try this:
  • Make a new text file containing the single line
    Code:
    <targets selectable="true"></targets>
  • Copy the file to your SD card to the same location as the .3dsx you're trying to run, and give it the same name but with the .xml extension. For instance, if you have mgba.3dsx, name the file mgba.xml.
  • Download the Youtube app from the eShop.
  • The next time you try to launch the homebrew, it will ask you for a target. Specify the Youtube app.

I have never been entirely clear on what "targeting" an app is supposed to do. (I think it might be possible to accidentally overwrite the target app's save data, which is why it's useful to have something non-critical like Youtube around.)

It is probably better in the long run just to install CFW.

Reactions: Itzumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...