Softmodding a Wii in 2018

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Lemmingz, Oct 6, 2018.

?
  1. Letterbomb

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Modmii

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. FlashHax

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Indiana pwns/Bathaxx or one of the old methods

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lemmingz
    OP

Lemmingz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm going to pick up a Wii mostly for playing gamecube games, I softmodded loads of Wii's in the past & always used to use Indiana pwns or Bathaxx to do it as I have copies of both games as I managed to get copies of each game before the prices went stupidly high on places like ebay etc.

Letterbomb, modmii & flashHax didn't exist the last time I modded one.

Should I use one of the above or stick to the old methods I used before as I still have the old original disks?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The initial entrypoint doesn't ultimately matter* (you always end up running the Hackmii installer, using its own exploit, to install the HBC 1.1.2 - and once you have planted such a channel with a tmd that says "AHBPROT unlocked while running this", any compatible homebrew can get full permissions)

* as long as it's compatible with your system version, which (except for Twilight Hack) all are if you can run the game normally in the first place

Lemmingz likes this.
  3. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    ModMii existed before both Indiana pwns and Bathaxx. You may have not heard about it (if you were sleeping under a rock) but it definitely existed :)

Edit: and ModMii supports every single exploit except flashhax (and it will probably eventually support flashhax too) so your vote options are not mutually exclusive

Last edited by XFlak, Oct 6, 2018
    Lemmingz likes this.