Softmod worth it?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GreatZimkogway, Apr 8, 2011.

Apr 8, 2011

Softmod worth it? by GreatZimkogway at 12:12 AM (1,947 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. GreatZimkogway
    OP

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I have a jailbroken PS3, and...well...said jailbreak isn't doing me any good. All it's doing for me so far is preventing me from using PSN. Is there anything to warrant keeping this thing softmodded with CFW other then pirating? Because I don't pirate... What homebrew, apart from emulators which I already have on every other single system I own anyway, is there that's worth losing PSN?

If there isn't, it's safe to just download the 3.60 update and go back to OFW, right?

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    It's really up to you.

Also, before you do that, download the 3.55 OFW and install than go to 3.60.

3. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've always thoroughly enjoyed the homebrew community myself on my other systems (more-so than playing bootlegs). I personally would just go back to PSN. Until there is some better homebrew up I'm not losing out on all the fun I'll have with my friends playing online. The only homebrew I see going on in the PS3hack world is emulators and one helluva bitchfest for the most part.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    What you get out of PSN against what you get out of home brew. It's up to you, just remember that if you return to PSN, there's a chance you will never be able to jailbreak again.

5. mechadylan

Member mechadylan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    But... ...didn't PSN accounts become SNEA accounts as of 4/1/11? If so, check the SNEA ToS and proceed with caution.

6. Jehuty25

Member Jehuty25 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Maybe by the end of the year homebrew will get better, but as of right now, there aren't really any benefits to using cfw other than piracy. All of the working emulators on the ps3 work just as good on the wii.

7. justmike

Member justmike GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Did those emulators output better graphics though?

8. DarkenSX

Newcomer DarkenSX Advanced Member

United States
    Short Answer : No
    Long Answer: They Wouldnt Be different Graphics wise They Would Be however Speed Wise if there was a difference but there really isnt. [​IMG]