jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Before doing anything in the softmod thread i wanted/needed to install homebrew, so i followed this guide; bannerbomb

Now since then, i followed this topic on a forum i found http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/w...ow-guide-67927/

I got to step seven and the problems came for me,

It came up with a screen saying, automatically removing stub IOS222 R65280 and then a few lines and last two were error! ISFS_Delete(ret = -102)

Press any button to continue

what do i do? thanks

Hoping for a quick answer so i can get cracking, thanks so so much

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read that guide much, but first of all, do you either have IOS36 with Trucha, or another cIOS like 249? You'll likely need that to delete the stubs. If you don't have one of those, then run DOP-Mii and you can find a guide somewhere to show you how to trucha your 36, then you can install 249. Anyway, I suggest you run DOP-Mii, look through your IOSes, and delete the stubs of 222, 223, 249, and 250. Make sure you use a trucha'd 36 and delete the stubbed 249 before installing a working version, just to be safe.

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Sorry to sound horrible, i am a complete newb and that was French to me, please please could you give me a little tutorial? I would LOVE to softmod today and get to work on adding the black theme and couple of games
biggrin.gif

thanks

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Before i go any further, i have put everything on a 2gb SD Card, i selected Bootmii as Boot2 and installed it using the inserted SD Card with the other files on, i didnt 'prepare sd card' as i seen that afterwards on the menu.

Will my install of Bootmii as Boot2 work or will i have to do something else?..

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you get the bootmii menu when you turn on your wii? i think if you installed bootmii successfully it would have prepared the sd card during the installation.

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Was just assuming it worked (as guide does not mention a re-boot) and moved onto this bit;
2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP

However as i was about to click 'power' to reboot and let it do whatever it then does, my son clicked something on my wiimote and now 'bootmii backup' is running!!! i just hope this dont brick the wii (sorry i am a total newb!)

Anyway, once it is all finished, i am going to trash everything on the SD and start over.

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So on the Wad step, i selected them all by selecting + for 2 seconds then 'A' twice. 43 of them all wnt through a long install list.

Now done, it has brought me to a page which lists all those wads and has options like

a: to proceed
+: to batch install
1: to install all wads in folder

I am not sure what to do as i thought i just installed them all, where do i go from here, as the guide does not mention it.

thanks

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimbobs said:
However as i was about to click 'power' to reboot and let it do whatever it then does, my son clicked something on my wiimote and now 'bootmii backup' is running!!!

are you confusing 'bootmii backup' and 'nand dump'? in any case, the wiimote is not functional in bootmii, everything is done via either a gamecube controller or the power/reset/eject buttons on the wii.

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
jimbobs said:
However as i was about to click 'power' to reboot and let it do whatever it then does, my son clicked something on my wiimote and now 'bootmii backup' is running!!!

are you confusing 'bootmii backup' and 'nand dump'? in any case, the wiimote is not functional in bootmii, everything is done via either a gamecube controller or the power/reset/eject buttons on the wii.

Hey,

I re-done everything and seemed alrite now, everything is going well, did the priiloader stuff and now onto the WAD step but stuck,

Read below matey, thanks :-) xxx
Hey,

So on the Wad step, i selected them all by selecting + for 2 seconds then 'A' twice. 43 of them all wnt through a long install list.

Now done, it has brought me to a page which lists all those wads and has options like

a: to proceed
+: to batch install
1: to install all wads in folder

I am not sure what to do as i thought i just installed them all, where do i go from here, as the guide does not mention it.

thanks

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then it must be done if it is giving you those options. are you back in the window which is just the directory listing of sd;/wad?

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
then it must be done if it is giving you those options. are you back in the window which is just the directory listing of sd;/wad?

Yes i am, i am viewing the {+} SD:/wad directory and all those options show below.

So what should i do now?

As i have HBC
IOS61 V21.29 it means i have to re-install it as per the guide so do i power off the wii and turn it on to get into HBC again or is there another way?

thanks dude!!!!

Next is:
QUOTE6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

I must follow this step as it states; If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58, which mine is.

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will mate but so i know i wont break my wii, how do i exit this mmm in order to get into HBC

Thanks boss

edit: ok, i searched google and exited by clicking home
smile.gif

here goes the next step, will post whatever in a mo
smile.gif

jimbobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, next step:
QUOTE said:
Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

I do not even see the hackmii installer

In HBC i have MMM, IOSS236 installer, some box with yellow/red fire writing (no idea what it says) and then a blank black box with no name/title

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: