PS1/2 Softmod for PS3 yet?

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just saw a bloke I know and he told me that a PS3 softmod is available. I've done a bit of research and I can't find anything.
Is he talking crap?

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pitoui said:
Thanks guys. Next time I see him I'll tell him to wipe his mouth.
Haha. Punch him square in the teeth.
smile.gif

aharvey80

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
currently, it is impossible to mod the ps3 without it bricking

As you say, it is possible but not without it bricking on an update.......

Maybe thats all the guy ment by saying it is possible, maybe he just wanted to let his friend know that it can be done without having to go into any details.

Of course the PS3 can be hacked, its just not wise to do it. A guide that was released a few years back that also stated that an update would probably brick the console, proved to be right when plenty of PS3 owners had dead machines after beta testing the only method publicly released. Not many hackers have been working on the PS3 or its exploits up till now due to the 360 being more popular but that is slowly changing with so many people now boycotting LIVE.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
aharvey80 said:
QUOTE said:

Maybe thats all the guy ment by saying it is possible, maybe he just wanted to let his friend know that it can be done without having to go into any details.

Of course the PS3 can be hacked, its just not wise to do it. A guide that was released a few years back that also stated that an update would probably brick the console, proved to be right when plenty of PS3 owners had dead machines after beta testing the only method publicly released. Not many hackers have been working on the PS3 or its exploits up till now due to the 360 being more popular but that is slowly changing with so many people now boycotting LIVE.

Bullshit. There was never any guide.. the PS3 was never hacked. On ANY firmware. There's no risks of 'bricking' it, you can't modify it AT ALL. And even if you could get some custom firmware or something on it, WHY would you think it would brick? You can just not update it like the PSP. No, you won't be able to play online, or access the PSN store, but why would that brick it? Even if you went straight to official firmware (in theory, there ISN'T CFW for PS3 ftr) it wouldn't brick.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a PS3 mod available....you guys are all wrong
tongue.gif
Haha The only problem is it's not for PS3 games....it's for PS2 games
smile.gif
Mcboot works on a PS3 as long as you are only using it for PS2 loading
wink.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
aharvey80 said:
QUOTE said:

Bullshit. There was never any guide.. the PS3 was never hacked. On ANY firmware. There's no risks of 'bricking' it, you can't modify it AT ALL. And even if you could get some custom firmware or something on it, WHY would you think it would brick? You can just not update it like the PSP. No, you won't be able to play online, or access the PSN store, but why would that brick it? Even if you went straight to official firmware (in theory, there ISN'T CFW for PS3 ftr) it wouldn't brick.
Actually, there was a few hacks around in 1.xx days which enabled Homebrew and Running PSX/2 off of a HDD but they got fixed within the first month and have been no hacks since, supposedly there is a Modchip in the making but only time will tell.
And @lightyear, No, FMCB has never worked on PS3, you're the one who's wrong here.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a PS3 that's capable of playing PS2 games then you can play PS2 backups and imports including PS2 homebrew such as snes station etc. You can either open up your PS3 and do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CHNMuTDc8 or use this trick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCUPptSkLpc though USB is restricted to 1.1 speeds so most games run horrible. I myself use the swap trick to play some of my PS2 imports.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
luke_c said:
Actually, there was a few hacks around in 1.xx days which enabled Homebrew and Running PSX/2 off of a HDD but they got fixed within the first month and have been no hacks since, supposedly there is a Modchip in the making but only time will tell.
And @lightyear, No, FMCB has never worked on PS3, you're the one who's wrong here.

Source?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
aharvey80 said:
QUOTE said:

Congrats on resurrecting a Year and half (almost) old thread.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
luke_c said:

Source?
I'm sure you could find some information by googling, i'm on my mobile right now anyway.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
luke_c said:
ZeWarrior said:
luke_c said:

Source?
I'm sure you could find some information by googling, i'm on my mobile right now anyway.

Nope, I can't.

Old Reprobate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know me and my friends have talked often about why the PS3 hasn't been hacked yet, we believe that due to the cost (buying a burner and, the media) and coupled with Sony allowing you to install different O/S's (on the first one only) that there hasn't been a high demand for it. You can get the same resolution and graphics for all the big titles on the 360 so why would you need to pay more money. You can also stream media to the 360 so there is really no advantage to owning on for say having a blue ray drive.

My opinion is completely bias as I do not own a PS3, however; how say you?

On a side note however, I did notice that waninkoko jumped ship from the Wii to the PS3.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Old Reprobate said:
You know me and my friends have talked often about why the PS3 hasn't been hacked yet, we believe that due to the cost (buying a burner and, the media) and coupled with Sony allowing you to install different O/S's (on the first one only) that there hasn't been a high demand for it. You can get the same resolution and graphics for all the big titles on the 360 so why would you need to pay more money. You can also stream media to the 360 so there is really no advantage to owning on for say having a blue ray drive.

My opinion is completely bias as I do not own a PS3, however; how say you?

On a side note however, I did notice that waninkoko jumped ship from the Wii to the PS3.
well if it was possible to do it then it will be better to be playable on your external Hardrive of 500Gb or 1TB. that way maybe you won't have to buy a burner no bluray disc. but since its not possible..fuck it. even if it was I won't do it until its 100%safe cuz I don't wana brick my beautiful PS3
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn