Softmod Error ! Help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by quino711, Jun 28, 2009.

Jun 28, 2009

Softmod Error ! Help by quino711 at 6:57 PM (1,514 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    Hi everyone, this is what happened to me :

I was installing the softmod 3 on my 4.0 wii by following the guide on the softmod webpage

everything was installling with no problem until i got to install preloader... as soon as i did that preloader appeared and i clicked autoboot.. after that i got the wii message : the files are corrupted...

i reboot my wii and preloader was there again , i selected the settings option and change de autoboot to system menu , save changes. After that i selected the system menu option, an error showed saying that the hack.ini file was missing and the wii reboot and took me to the message: the files are corrupted..

soo... i reboot again and again but the preloader didnt appear again.. instead now it takes me to the wad manager 1.4 as soon as i turn on my wii and after i select reset wii from the wad manager i get the message : the files are corrupted...

I will really appreciate any advice on how to fix this .

(
    i read the Jzthe Bomb "softmod error! Help PLz" and i know my problem is really similiar to hiss so i hope there can be someone that can help me out)

2. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    hold reset and boot into the homebrew channel.

then re install preloader. then you wont get the system files are corrupt message.

(your sd card probably has wad manager 1.4.dol on it so you probably set it to autoboot that. Delete it and hold reset while the power button is on red to go into preloader)

3. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Ok, I bet you're really confused by now of what you did [​IMG]. Ok, número uno, when turning on your wii hold the reset button. When it means hacks.ini file could not be found, it doesn't matter. That's just a file that turns on hacks like skip disk channel update etc. Here's a link to the hacks Preloader hacks. Ok, now when you power on and hold reset at the same time, you'll be back in preloader. Scroll down to homebrew channel and reinstall preloader, it's a minor bug in preloader that's all.

And now for the hacks. The file is a system configuration notepad that looks like this [​IMG].

Anyways, look This preloader guide that was stickied and go down to the hacks section, it'll tell you what to do.

Posted in jzthebomb thread too for this guy [​IMG]

4. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    yes I have tried to reset my wii but instead of going the HBC this happens:

cBoot2 loader v16 --> and that takes me to the wad manager 1.4...

5. Unfortune

Member Unfortune GBAtemp Fan

Pakistan
    your sd card probably has wad manager 1.4.dol on it so you probably set it to autoboot that. Delete the .dol from your sd card and hold reset while the power button is on red to go into preloader. then reinstall preloader via homebrew channel (set that to autoboot) so the system files are corrupt message doesnt come up anymore.

6. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    ok i will try that

7. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    when i hold the reset while the power button is red nothing happens...
    what should i have on my sd root so that the homebrew or the preloader can autoboot?

i already delete the wad manager autoboot from my sd card...

8. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    nothing is really happening now ...
    please help!

9. Tux'

Canada
    Press and hold the reset button, keep holding the reset button and press the power button.

10. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    now that there is no boot.dol for the wad manager I still get the

cBoot2 loader v16 ( i get this because of the startup.elf i guess) but it doesnt change to another screen... the same thing repeatsover and over...

( sorry for all this but im freaking out!¡?¿! and because i dont know a thing about this stuff i have to ask lots of questions)

Posts merged

i dont know if the startup.elf is stoping the "hold the reset button" from working...

11. Tux'

Canada
    Ok, first off, take out he sd card, secondly, it goes to cboot2 then to wii menu? Ok try this. Press the power button then hold the reset button.

12. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    without sd card ?

Posts merged

ok .. finally im in preloader...

what should i do next ?

13. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    ok i went to the homebrew channel and selected preloader again...
    im scared...

14. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    ok so i installed it again and the preloader installed ,,

it reboot by itself and it took me too the wii safety thing , i clicked A and again the message : " the system files are corrupted."

[​IMG]

15. Tux'

Canada
    Hmmm. I'm not quite sure what to do, if you PM TroyTheZombie, I'm pretty sure he'd help you. I'm not quite sure what to do now, because I don't want to be held responsible. Waaaiiitttt a moment, did
    you install any wads before this brick?

16. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    can i delete preloader so that i can get to the wii menu again...
    it seems me and preloader wont get along...

17. Tux'

Canada
    NONONONONO!!! If you delete preloader, then you'll probably be bricked for sure, unless the system menu is corrupt. Just wait for another person to respond to this, they could help you.

18. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    yes i guess i dont really know... i was just following the softmod tutorial...

19. quino711
    OP

Newcomer quino711 Member

Mexico
    ok thnks =) , i will be patient this time

if i installed wads what is the consequence ? will i never be able to get to the wii menu again ¡? = S

20. Tux'

Canada
    It depends. If it's just the menu that's corrupt you can install it via wad and all will be well, if that's the case. If you reinstall the system menu BUT that's not the problem, preloader will be removed and you'll have a brick that you may not be able to get out of. Did you install wads prior to the brick? Because it might be a malformed banner. While you're at it. Go to bootmii.org, download it. Rename installer.elf to boot.elf place it in a new folder in your apps. Install bootmii as boot2 if it allows you to and make a NAND backup. All the info is on bootmii.org.