Hacking Softmii with USB loader???

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to install softmii and then the USB loader? I mean like, are any files in the softmii pack incompatible with the USB loader files or vice versa?

Also, what USB loader should I get? I'm not sure which one to get as I understand there are multiple loaders.

Any tutorial on softmii AND usb loader together would be great.

And lucky last, does anyone know a way that I can prevent Nintendo updates from discs other than Gecko OS? This would mean that I could
forget about softmii altogether.

I have a 3.3E wii.

Thanks in advance
laugh.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
SoftMii is outdated, useless and bad. Don't use it, this is my recommendation.

Instead, do some Search, learn how the Wii and the SoftMods work, and then mod your Wii. This is the best way. If you do that, you'll see that SoftMii is an outdated Package of outdated Apps, and nothing special.

I'll give you some help for what you should search:

-cIOSCORP 3.6
-Priiloader
-Preloader Hacks
-Modify any Wii 4.2 & below

All at your own risk. "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" would be the best start, it will answer all of your questions. And read the Read Me's, please!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Softmii isn't even outdated anymore
its completely GONE (no downloads for it, no site, ...)

But like Blue-K said, do some research and you'll find what you have to do
There are many good guides that met you softmod any wii in no time.
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
LinuxRevolution said:
Does anyone know a way that I can prevent Nintendo updates from discs other than Gecko OS? This would mean that I could
forget about softmii altogether.
Wait a sec, I missed the "altogether"...all you want is that your games won't ask you to update? For that you wanted to install SoftMii?...Gosh...

If you only want this, Startpatch or Priiloader will do this. USBLoaders and Disc Loaders will never update your Wii too.

Though, I still recommend to update your Wii to 4.2, and then follow the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below"-Tut. It's way better to clean your Wii and start fresh.

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies.

If I get the USB loader, I'm not going to be using discs anymore, only the backups I got from the games I have. What if I ripped the game with the update, used wiibrickblocker to disable the update and then play it using usb loader. I would still have the same game, only no update.

Are there any drawbacks to this?

Also, which USB loader has the greatest compatibility list???

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
LinuxRevolution said:
If I get the USB loader, I'm not going to be using discs anymore, only the backups I got from the games I have. What if I ripped the game with the update, used wiibrickblocker to disable the update and then play it using usb loader. I would still have the same game, only no update.
Yeah, you have crippled ISOs, and won't gain much space...again: USBLoaders will NEVER update your Wii. They all ignore the Update-partition. No Chance to update your Wii through them. And, you seem realy new to this...you can rip your games directly from the Wii to the HD, and if you're using CFG-Loader, you can even tell him not to include the Update-Partition. No Brickblockershit/etc. required. Awesome, huh?

For my part, I leave the Update-Partition in my ISOs/Rips. I like to recieve an 1:1 Dump if I need one, and not a crippled and ugly one...

Also, which USB loader has the greatest compatibility list???
May I say a word?...Search!

Anyways, this would be CFG-Loader. If you want something nicer-looking, and has nearly the same compatibility, it would be WiiFlow.
And please....use the Search...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.