Not open for further replies.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Huh? So it goes from RiiskiMod 2.0 to SoftMii 0.9?

I have a question, I couldn't find the answer in the 99 pages thread, sorry.
Last night I installed everything; works fine. BUT I didn't know I have to manually pick the right WAD for the cIOS installation at the very end. So I copied the whole cIOSCORP folder with all the wads from the cioscorp.zip (received via email) to my SD.

It installed ALL the ciosXX.wads to my Wii. Menu works, backups work, shop works, ... everything seems OK. Is it a bad thing, though? Do the cioses mess up the system and/or use internal memory? Should I try to undo it or does it not matter at all?

thanks!

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
20clarky08 said:
soz dude, yer wen v1.0 comes there will be a total new guide so i wouldnt mind a dutch version.

Aiiht, just hit me up with the english guide once you guys get there and I'll take care of it.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harryk said:

Last night I installed everything; works fine. BUT I didn't know I have to manually pick the right WAD for the cIOS installation at the very end. So I copied the whole cIOSCORP folder with all the wads from the cioscorp.zip (received via email) to my SD.

It installed ALL the ciosXX.wads to my Wii. Menu works, backups work, shop works, ... everything seems OK. Is it a bad thing, though? Do the cioses mess up the system and/or use internal memory? Should I try to undo it or does it not matter at all?

thanks!

DO NOT UNINSTALL THOSE!!! You did ok... cIOSCORP can be installed this way, just takes longer and it's a bit of a pain selecting each WAD.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Lol with those name change, features list and version numbers

you look like little kids playing to be experimented devs
rolleyes.gif

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
SilverSurfR said:
harryk said:

thanks!

DO NOT UNINSTALL THOSE!!! You did ok... cIOSCORP can be installed this way, just takes longer and it's a bit of a pain selecting each WAD.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that
smile.gif
Actually I didn't have to select anything (that was the problem). I just said "start" or sthg like this, and it installed allllll the WADs without even asking which one. Phew, I'm glad I didn't turn off the Wii and let it finish
wink.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
there has been alot of confusion with version names and such...this is mainly because we was unclear which direction the pack was taking.. Riiski gave us the base.

SoftMii will give us the ability to push things further, and on with a SoftMii install is in good standing for the next set of developments..originally we was going to keep Riiski alive until the system menu was completed and we had a full mod which would become Riiski V1.0

since the progress made over the past 12hrs was immense we decided to show you what we had so far and also to release the new application we had to safely replace system files...big props to crediar for the help creating such a great app, we really wouldnt of been able to create this without him.

now you guys know what we are about...we moving onto full custom menu..which is already under way..as digity said if anyone wants any healthscreens making up let us know and we'll see if we can...also we will be releasing a few alternative health screens over the next day or so...including the Riiski V3 one i showed in the video if anyone wants it...and also a alternative SoftMii from WiiShizza...

just keep watching keeps and thanks again to Digity and Skarface05 for jumping on board and Jizmo for testing all that NTSC stuff while digity was busy modding graphics..

remember folks, its just a ride, and this is just the beginning
cool.gif

@Jaco...you must be one of lifes haters....and if you aint got nobody to hate..Feel free to hate on me
cool.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harryk said:
SilverSurfR said:
harryk said:

thanks!

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that
smile.gif
Actually I didn't have to select anything (that was the problem). I just said "start" or sthg like this, and it installed allllll the WADs without even asking which one. Phew, I'm glad I didn't turn off the Wii and let it finish
wink.gif

n/m that's the way you're supposed to do it. From what you were saying I thought you took all the wads and put them into the wad folder and installed with wad manager...

jacklaidlaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
Lol with those name change, features list and version numbers

you look like little kids playing to be experimented devs
rolleyes.gif

does it matter what version number name or features it has/does not, they are giving something for nothing so sit back shut up and raise your hand next time you wanna speak

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
FRanatic you have to use a black background ya see mate other wise ya get blackboards down the side of the screen

am afraid its the way the Wii displays the files and theres not much we can do about it now, we could make your image but you would see black side bars....

quality picture tho mate lol

ricako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice one guys, been following the riiskimod threads keenly (even tho it means reading the same questions over n over!) and the speed the project is moving at is impressive
biggrin.gif

Well done to all involved and thanks!

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20clarky08 said:
FRanatic you have to use a black background ya see mate other wise ya get blackboards down the side of the screen

am afraid its the way the Wii displays the files and theres not much we can do about it now, we could make your image but you would see black side bars....

that picture was pretty narrow. Could probably widen the canvas and throw a gradient on the sides.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SilverSurfR said:
20clarky08 said:

that picture was pretty narrow. Could probably widen the canvas and throw a gradient on the sides.

It's not my work at all. Just found it on deviantart. I'm no graphics guy either, but I'll have a look see when I get home from work.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
608x456 if ya want a size to work off boys and girls.

peace am gonna get some breakfast be back in about 20min if you have any question will answer when am back and Jizmo is here aswell to answer any questions.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use a thin picture i guess you could do the gradiant thing so that it would be a fade/transition to black instead of sudden black border. Of course that would still require the right kind of picture to look proper that way.

I've got the NTSC RiiSkimod v3 GBATemp Tribute Healh Screen if anybody wants to try it out. Very nice Health Screen replacement. Might be a lot of people already running it as far as i know.

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say congrats and thanks to the guys working on this. Awesome stuff and appreciate it. Thanks again

poppy007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First a big thanks to everyone involved!!! I have been away for a couple of weeks and looks like I came back at the right time, this is my first post but I have been quietly trolling and PM'ing people for awhile. I just downloaded SoftMii v0.9 and noticed in the "copy contents to SD/apps" folder contains Preloader0.25 NOT 0.26 as indicated in the instructions .doc file. Either the SoftMiiv0.9 release has the wrong version or the folder is mislabeled... OR in my glorious noobness I missed the boat somewhere...???
excl.gif

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
the file in .25 is is 0.26

i didnt change the folder dude...

0.9 is a interim release....

if your wantingg a brand new clear cut update wait for v1.00

you will actually find the cIOScorp installer is a custom one i give to me mates locally as i simply didnt have time to check every .xml and every file individually..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wayyyy back in time you could run dual pentiums on crazy expensive mobos I think under a special... +1