Hacking SoftMii Ugly screen

ephumuris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed SoftMii using the guide that came with it. At some point it has changed my system menu to have black bottom bar...not so bad. But it has changed the cursor to something ugly and the Disc Channel looks blurry and wierd. Any chance i can get rid of this crap?

Thanks in advance.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install a different health screen w/Heathii, or you could just install the SystemMenu-v2xx.wad, if you need the wad search for a Wii brick fix disc and extract it with WiiScrubber... You'll need the wad for healthii anyways.

malverns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oneleggedjack said:
install a different health screen w/Heathii, or you could just install the SystemMenu-v2xx.wad, if you need the wad search for a Wii brick fix disc and extract it with WiiScrubber... You'll need the wad for healthii anyways.

OR if you cant be bothered to download the disc..

Just downgrade using the anyregion changer or wanins Cios Uninstaller.... It will put your wii menu back to its default

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or if you were smart you should've backed up your old 0000004x.app. I mean, only a moron wouldn't do that
rolleyes.gif

ephumuris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puma said:
Or if you were smart you should've backed up your old 0000004x.app. I mean, only a moron wouldn't do that
rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry we can't all be as amazingly clever and brilliant as you mate. Congratulations.

I wasn't aware of what the 0000004x.app file did. I thought it was just a part of the whole Softmii process that was required. It never mentioned what it actually does.

With the help of the very few friendly and mature people on here i'm sure i will get this sorted. Thanks to those people.

malverns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
malverns said:
Just downgrade using the anyregion changer or wanins Cios Uninstaller.... It will put your wii menu back to its default
I Lol'ed at this one. You'd have to be stupid to unistall any cIOS or IOS.

Why would you laugh at that?

In the softmii README it states the easiest way to undo the changes that softmii applies is by the Any Region changer so you can go back to the default menu.

Good job.

ephumuris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got it sorted i just re-installed the SystemMenu-v290.wad. I'll keep that safe. I can't use healthii says i'm missing an ocx file and i downloaded it and popped it in System32 and still no go.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puma said:
rolleyes.gif

forbore said:
QUOTE(Puma @ Feb 7 2009, 01:01 AM) Or if you were smart you should've backed up your old 0000004x.app. I mean, only a moron wouldn't do that
rolleyes.gif

Ha! Ha! SO True!
Spoken like true morons.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
you need to run (from the start menu):
regsvr32 C:\healthii\comctl.ocx

Yep and if that doesn't work if your using Vista you'll need to run CMD prompt as admin and type

regsvr32 C:\healthii\comctl.ocx

Atleast that worked for me

D

Deleted User

malverns said:
Golfman560 said:
malverns said:
I Lol'ed at this one. You'd have to be stupid to unistall any cIOS or IOS.

Why would you laugh at that?

In the softmii README it states the easiest way to undo the changes that softmii applies is by the Any Region changer so you can go back to the default menu.

Good job.

Look at teh bold

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for posting that afif, I felt it was too stupid to point out since I guess he's never even modded a Wii.

Anyways back ontopic- Anyone think once Fors is done with his cSSM or whatever its called that better looking systemmenus will come out?

malverns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
Thanks for posting that afif, I felt it was too stupid to point out since I guess he's never even modded a Wii.

Anyways back ontopic- Anyone think once Fors is done with his cSSM or whatever its called that better looking systemmenus will come out?

Yes, but your retarded.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
Golfman560 said:

Yes, but your retarded.
Lol. Man, I would also like to know when more custom menus are gonna come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-