Hacking Softmii Non Working Games

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea! In the guide it say if you want complete installation of SoftMii WIFI is needed.
Also if people read up on stuff they install then they would also know that ARC is the gift that give free region. Cioscorp offer playability from the Disc Channel. Prelaoder is the BRICK protection.

GloboGym

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a PAL Wii, SoftMii installed. All my PAL games work. But No More Heroes NTSC-U gives a black screen in Disc Channel while it works with SoftChip with Video Mode set to Disc Region. I DID read the guide and I DID use ARCmod5. What now ?

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
AsosaYoung said:
HaniKazmi said:
have you installed arc?

HaniKazmi I feel your pain!

I will try to make this point very clear with games playing but not show up in ones Disc Channel with SoftMii.
In order to have complete "Free Region" you have to have WIFI. Any Region changer demands it.
That's where the free region feature comes from.

I have installed SoftMii 1.0 with ARC with Wifi and I still have the problem of Retail NTSC Brawl not playing, but showing in Disc Channel

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
AsosaYoung said:
HaniKazmi said:
have you installed arc?

HaniKazmi I feel your pain!

I will try to make this point very clear with games playing but not show up in ones Disc Channel with SoftMii.
In order to have complete "Free Region" you have to have WIFI. Any Region changer demands it.
That's where the free region feature comes from.

I have installed SoftMii 1.0 with ARC with Wifi and I still have the problem of Retail NTSC Brawl not playing, but showing in Disc Channel

1st is that your only NTSC game if not test another.
In preload systemhacks make sure you have the "Force Disc Region" disable. ARC is already taking care of that.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
Golfman560 said:
Is it burned on a Dual Layer disc? Or was it shrunk to fit on a regular disc?

Its not a backup, its the Real Official NTSC Game

I have no preloader hacks enabled
Other NTSC games work, they are backups tho, not Real Discs

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes but you still need internet conection to install the AnyRegionChanger_hacked_sysmenu, without it you are pretty much else where and not in softmii, here the list softmii will offer for backup launching:

preloader (skip updates only, nothing else useful seems to work)
CIOScorp (to read the games in his IOS and this way avoid Error 002)
Any Region Changer (wich installs a patched SysMenu so the region free is almost complete)

that's it, no need to run anything from preloader, if you install all of this, then change preloader options to "autoboot: SysMenu"...!!!
smile.gif

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
1. are you on pal or ntsc?

2. Did it work before softmii?

1. I'm on a PAL Wii

2. Yes, it worked with Gamma, or if I change Video Mode to NTSC in ARC, but then the rest of my games dont work.

I used to use FreeLoader to play it when it first came out, but FreeLoader doesnt work now, just freezes my Wii.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feidhlim1986 said:
Golfman560 said:
Is it burned on a Dual Layer disc? Or was it shrunk to fit on a regular disc?

That may be your problem. Most should be enable.
For me the only exceptions is: The Back Ground Menu, Back ground Music and Force Free Region.
Especially Force Free Region.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GloboGym said:
HaniKazmi said:
What about preloader hacks?
I have only those recommended in the SoftMii guide, Skip Updates, Move Disc Channel and all No Copy.

Those were only starter hacks there are more on the tread of the preloader you have. Just look for the list you need NTSC or PAL.

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
HaniKazmi said:
Only one more thing i can think of, are you using the original arc, or mod5? If youre usiing mod, did you enable starfall type hacks?

I'm using mod5 and have enabled the starfall hacks

AsosaYoung said:
feidhlim1986 said:
QUOTE(Golfman560 @ Feb 4 2009, 08:15 PM) Is it burned on a Dual Layer disc? Or was it shrunk to fit on a regular disc?

That may be your problem. Most should be enable.
For me the only exceptions is: The Back Ground Menu, Back ground Music and Force Free Region.
Especially Force Free Region.

I read a few posts ago that you shouldnt have any hacks enabled in PreLoader for region free as ARC takes care of it. I have tried enabling any region free related hacks that came in the hacks.ini with SoftMii 1.0

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok....ive looked...and i try not to ask questions...but cant find this one..

I find tons of stuff about "backup" copies of Super Smash Brothers Brawl...but nothing on retail copies...(am i the only one that is trying to run a retail copy
biggrin.gif
)
I havent played it for about 2 months...

Specs.
NTSC Wii
Softmii 0.9.5

Shows up in disk channel...starts..gets to the loading screen, then i get a white screen telling me the Wii cant read the disk.
Is it because of the downgrade?
Is it because of the Softmii installation?
Is it because im stupid?
I figured i could run it since it was a retail and not a backup.
Went thru, made sure that region free was disabled...still nada..

Sorry, like i said...i try to find my answers in the forums before posting...and maybe i overlooked it with the plethera of knowledge on the boards...but being as its a retail copy...i just wasnt sure if any of the info i was reading pertained to me.

Thanks.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's foolishness! Just brought my wife yesterday Wii Fit w Balance Broad. Brand new out the package.
Bam! working.

Aslo a nexxtech fan, 2 Nyko Prefect Shot, 2 Wii Wheels, Nyko Energy pak for BB and a Vergie Wii Laser.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
feidhlim1986 said:
I read a few posts ago that you shouldnt have any hacks enabled in PreLoader for region free as ARC takes care of it. I have tried enabling any region free related hacks that came in the hacks.ini with SoftMii 1.0

Try switching between Region Free and Force Disc Region. Usually one of them breaks a few games.

QUOTE(Kree_boy @ Feb 4 2009, 03:45 PM) Shows up in disk channel...starts..gets to the loading screen, then i get a white screen telling me the Wii cant read the disk.

Which loading screen? Is there any images?

Edit: Tested my retail SSBB and it works fine.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just quick tested 7 of my retail games all work flawless:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon Battle Revolution,Guitar Hero AS and Wii Fit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag