SoftMii & Gamecube Backup Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheCruiser, Feb 16, 2009.

Feb 16, 2009
  1. TheCruiser
    OP

Newcomer TheCruiser Member

Canada
    I've done some searching around but I haven't found the right answer yet. Anyways I'm just wondering, if I were to update with the cioSCORP thingy along with the preloader 0.27, and provided I installed the Gamecube mios patcher, will I be able to run my gamecube backups properly from the disc channel or will I need a separate channel for it? I currently am outdated in stuff... I have the gamma channel 0.3 (w/o 002 fix) and I am using Wiigator's gamecube loader too. Oh and another thing for the 002 fix, will I have to reinstall everything for the gamma loader? Thanks.

2. fruitman

Newcomer fruitman Advanced Member

United States
    i can confirm if you install gamcube last it works perfectly from disc channel, preloader and softmii/riskiimod first

3. games2007

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Um... I installed Softmii and then the MIOS that was in the Gameucbe Backup Channel.
    When I hit start from the disk menu, it opens the backup launcher to let me choose which game to play (if it's a multi-boot ISO)

4. TheCruiser
    OP

Newcomer TheCruiser Member

Canada
    Kind of late sooo... For the Gamma (002 fix) do I have reinstall everything IOS in the package again? Lastly, so there won't be any problems if I should install the cioSCORP and preloader right now because I already have the Gamcube backup loader working.

5. mrtankjump

Newcomer mrtankjump Advanced Member

United States
    Just install Softmii, then run the mios patcher from WiiGator.

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium