SoftMii & Gamecube Backup Channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheCruiser, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TheCruiser
    OP

TheCruiser Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Canada
    I've done some searching around but I haven't found the right answer yet. Anyways I'm just wondering, if I were to update with the cioSCORP thingy along with the preloader 0.27, and provided I installed the Gamecube mios patcher, will I be able to run my gamecube backups properly from the disc channel or will I need a separate channel for it? I currently am outdated in stuff... I have the gamma channel 0.3 (w/o 002 fix) and I am using Wiigator's gamecube loader too. Oh and another thing for the 002 fix, will I have to reinstall everything for the gamma loader? Thanks.

2. fruitman

fruitman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    i can confirm if you install gamcube last it works perfectly from disc channel, preloader and softmii/riskiimod first

3. games2007

games2007 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2008
    United States
    Um... I installed Softmii and then the MIOS that was in the Gameucbe Backup Channel.
    When I hit start from the disk menu, it opens the backup launcher to let me choose which game to play (if it's a multi-boot ISO)

4. TheCruiser
    OP

TheCruiser Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    Canada
    Kind of late sooo... For the Gamma (002 fix) do I have reinstall everything IOS in the package again? Lastly, so there won't be any problems if I should install the cioSCORP and preloader right now because I already have the Gamcube backup loader working.

5. mrtankjump

mrtankjump Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2008
    United States
    Just install Softmii, then run the mios patcher from WiiGator.

6. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice