Hacking SoftMii & Gamecube Backup Channel

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've done some searching around but I haven't found the right answer yet. Anyways I'm just wondering, if I were to update with the cioSCORP thingy along with the preloader 0.27, and provided I installed the Gamecube mios patcher, will I be able to run my gamecube backups properly from the disc channel or will I need a separate channel for it? I currently am outdated in stuff... I have the gamma channel 0.3 (w/o 002 fix) and I am using Wiigator's gamecube loader too. Oh and another thing for the 002 fix, will I have to reinstall everything for the gamma loader? Thanks.

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can confirm if you install gamcube last it works perfectly from disc channel, preloader and softmii/riskiimod first

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... I installed Softmii and then the MIOS that was in the Gameucbe Backup Channel.
When I hit start from the disk menu, it opens the backup launcher to let me choose which game to play (if it's a multi-boot ISO)

TheCruiser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kind of late sooo... For the Gamma (002 fix) do I have reinstall everything IOS in the package again? Lastly, so there won't be any problems if I should install the cioSCORP and preloader right now because I already have the Gamcube backup loader working.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TheCruiser said:
I've done some searching around but I haven't found the right answer yet. Anyways I'm just wondering, if I were to update with the cioSCORP thingy along with the preloader 0.27, and provided I installed the Gamecube mios patcher, will I be able to run my gamecube backups properly from the disc channel or will I need a separate channel for it?
Run cIOSCorp and install preloader, then install waninkokos mios rev 3 ( or press X when installing wiigators MIOS) to get disc channel gamecube backup launching
I currently am outdated in stuff... I have the gamma channel 0.3 (w/o 002 fix) and I am using Wiigator's gamecube loader too.
Get one with 002 fix (not needed if you run softmii, which I recommend
Oh and another thing for the 002 fix, will I have to reinstall everything for the gamma loader? Thanks.
Not if you get a channel with 002 fix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s