SoftMii and menu themes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by oxMUDxo, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009

SoftMii and menu themes? by oxMUDxo at 9:12 PM (3,606 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. oxMUDxo
    OP

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was looking in to putting Menu Themes on my Wii and it seems that SoftMii dose that before I try it can some help me with a few questions..?

1. Is SoftMii a app or do I need to install it like BootMii?
    2. Is it safe to use SoftMii if I have PreLoader and BootMii installed?
    3. Is there any danger in changing system Menu Themes?

Thanks.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    You are looking for the Sofmii tweak Toy (softmii tweaks). Thats the app to install wii menu themes [​IMG]

3. Jizmo09

Member Jizmo09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All you need is the SoftMii Tweak Toy from the 2.1.1 package and the correct themes for your System Menu version. Most that we have now are for 4.0 The themes are in .mym mymenu format. You can download that from wadder.net and use it to patch the .mym files onto an exisiting 000000xx.app file. 00000072.app for 4.0 NTSC, 00000075.app for 4.0 PAL, 00000042.app for 3.2 NTSC and 00000045.app for 3.2 PAL.

Themes is only recommend to be messed with if you have BootMii or Preloader installed so you're good with those. If you install themes without preloader or bootmii then you have very high risk of brick. With them installed your are safe.

4. oxMUDxo
    OP

United States
    Can someone please give me a link to "Sofmii tweak Toy (softmii tweaks)" I cant seem to find it on Goggle I will look some more tho.?

Also can someone explain what the diffreance is and if I need SoftMii to run Sofmii tweak Toy (softmii tweaks)?

THX.

-----EDIT------

Sorry Jizmo09 has explained enough..
    I found SoftMii 2.1.1

Thanks Jizmo09,

One question.?
    Do I need SoftMii to run Sofmii tweak Toy (softmii tweaks..[​IMG]

5. Jizmo09

Member Jizmo09 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All you need to run the SoftMii Tweak Toy is the homebrew app or a tweak toy channel. You definately need BootMii or Preloader installed for protection as messing with themes has a high risk of bricking. Low risk with preloader installed though. You'll also need MyMenu to merge the theme .mym files into an existing 000000xx.app file.

6. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm having a problem with MyMenu. I have what I think is a clean 00000072.app file that I got with NUS downloader. When I try to patch this file with a Mym theme file a file is created and everything seems to work, but the file I get is really small (64bytes). And if I try to install on the wii with these I get a blank screen.

7. oxMUDxo
    OP

United States
    If its 00000072.app its for a 4.0U Wii and you'll need SoftMii to install it..
    I wouldn't try patching it or anything, its dangerus.

4.0U themes only work for 4.0U Wii if you install it to any outher region or system menu you'll have a full brick...[​IMG]

I hope you installed Pre Loader and or BootMii..
    Please tell me you installed Pre Loader and BootMii!!!!

8. irish-link

Newcomer irish-link Newbie

United States
    Similar to oxMUDxo's issue, im looking to do my own themes. I have been researching a lot and looking on google and well the only thing thats been any help so far has been GBAtemp and specifically this thread. I actually just registered because this is the first time i havn't been able to find my exact answer. Anyway... what im trying to do is make my own custom themes. I read on the softmii site that you can do this by downloading from their none existent "download" section Softmii Theme Convertor. I can't find this at all. I have google'd my heart out. They say its legit software so im assuming this doesn't fall under the pirated software forum rule.

Also im wondering if there is any big advantage to just installing Softmii and not just that app for the Tweak tools. I read that it gives native support to the disk channel but i already have a few different channels that do what i need it to. I guess im wondering if there is anything that i could be missing out on if i dont install the full package.

9. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    The theme convertor was probably on the old download site (which got removed when they updated the site). If I find it I'll give it to you (but I doubt I will [​IMG])
    The gbatemp member digitydogs made a guide on how to make your own themes: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134815

By installing softmii you will have disc channel backup support, preloader, ....

10. irish-link

United States
    Thanks a lot man. I will check out the guide and see what i can come up with. If you find it awesome if not dont spend to much time looking for it. I got that impression that when they updated to the new site it caused a lot of grief for a lot of people.

So (let me make sure i understand) if i already have half the waikoko stuff thats out there, including the gamma loader 002 fix and the new cios 38rev13, also bootmii, it would just be a little redundant to install softmii. (forgive the ignorance i spent a lot of time on the original xbox, just started the wii hack stuff a few months ago)

11. Puma

Member Puma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ...You have to register (on the forums) to access the DL/Theme section.

12. irish-link

United States
    Thanks a lot man, registered and starting stuff up now. Thanks for all the help everyone.