Not open for further replies.

strell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strell said:
This might be a stupid question, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it. If I am on 3.2U and would like to go to 4.0U (for SD game loading) and keep everything else the same from the previous version of SoftMii, what do I need to do? Would it just be steps 2-7 of the SoftMii Install section of the instructions? I just don't want to screw something up if the SoftMii Preinstaller encounters something I have already installed.
I keep getting a -1036 error when trying to install waninkoko's 4.0U firmware now. Does anyone know that this means?

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akazecks said:
Has anyone tried this on a LU65 serial wii and confirmed working? Im guessing this fix is for LU64 and LU65, this will allow me to play my backups right?
not yet. its not quite fixed yet (tomorow for sure)

rich6619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kosaic said:
Overwriting should be fine.

I had cIOS36 rev10 , wanin's 4.0 updater was used weeks ago, and I installed the SoftMii 2.9.5 package without issue.

Here is a "Warning" from the manual about Pre-Loader ... everything outside this should be fine.

"
WARNING: If you install a new IOS 60 after installing Preloader, you need to re-install Preloader to avoid an error message and a non-functioning System Menu.
"

what steps did you follow from 1-8 when you installed the new package on 4.0?

xxxenvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update on my situation for those who are following..

managed to get WAD Manager 1.2 working on my wii. However, IOS16 is still installing with an error of 1035 and everything else (LU64fix and other cIOS wads) gives an error of 2011.

Hopefully the fix that will be out tomorrow will solve my issues.

Akazecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
not yet. its not quite fixed yet (tomorow for sure)

Yeah, I just tried it. I get a black screen when I try the softmii preinstaller. I guess LU65 people will have to wait.

Djarid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wii-media.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems that I am one of the lucky ones that downloaded the package before the link went down
unsure.gif

Here's a mirror:
*edit: mirror deleted, check post below for official link
smile.gif

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to install firmware 4.0u on my u.s.a wii and it said firmware install failed
im trying again right now
edit nope tried again and it says error ret = -1036

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxxenvy said:
update on my situation for those who are following..

managed to get WAD Manager 1.2 working on my wii. However, IOS16 is still installing with an error of 1035 and everything else (LU64fix and other cIOS wads) gives an error of 2011.

Hopefully the fix that will be out tomorrow will solve my issues.

The problem is that you did the Nintendo update, so the latest IOS16 is on there and you can't overwrite it with an older one without a working cIOS. I don't know what the 2011 error is about, though. Which wad manager are you trying to use? The normal kind or the IOS16 one?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any help please i can install 3.2u fine its just 4.0u that gives me an error do i need to install something else because i came from the last softmii 2.1.1 and follow the guide from the softmii install part and haven't had i problem until part four

xxxenvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
May as well give it a shot just in case. It won't harm anything, right?
just tried all custom wad managers that i had and a few ones online. All coming up with a black screen as i expected

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures. And the normal method from the Readme freezes as well?

You might be out of luck, but I'd wait for someone from the team who actually knows what they're doing to answer you before giving up.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ive done some testing on compat abilty out of 122 (games on dvd) most of my pal games and a couple ntsc dont work any more
i.e.
dead riseing (pal)
call of duty world at war(pal)
excitebots (ntsc)
pokemon battel
zoo hosptial (pal)
im makeing a list of them as we speak all of the games that will b on the list worked onfriday on softmii v2.1.1

SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
SomeGuy2009 said:
QUOTE said:
With SoftMii, you get:
- Customized and hacked System Menu 3.2

I thought that SoftMii would update the console to System Menu 4.0. Was I miss-led? I have already ran SoftMii 2.1.1 about a month ago or so and everything is working fine from what I can tell, but have been interested in upgrading to SystemMenu 4.0 but dont want to lose functionality.

SG

I'm looking through the Readme and it looks like there's a firmware downgrader in there that can take you to 4.0 if you want.

Is the SystemMenu considered Firmware? If so I would think that going from 3.x to 4.0 would be considered an Upgrade not and Downgrade? May I missed something.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone i figured out what the error 1036 is that happens when you don't have an ios 60 since system menu 4.0 is based off it so what i did was install cioscorp on 3.2 then run the firmware downgrader and it will work

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
Is the SystemMenu considered Firmware? If so I would think that going from 3.x to 4.0 would be considered an Upgrade not and Downgrade? May I missed something.

While it's called a "downgrader" it will let you go from any firmware to any firmware. And yes, the System Menu version is what is meant by "fimware," even if it isn't in the normal sense.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS DANGROUS DONT TRY UNTILL WE GET COMFORMATION FROM THE TEAM!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT TRY THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT UR DOING,that said ,with the softmii downgrader we can move between the current firmwares at any time and keep the new softmii set up i.e 3.2 to 4.0 as long as we have a net connection.AGAIN VERY DANGROUS I DONOT RECOMEND IT!!!!!!!!
but stop me if im wrong
edit: but downgrading to 3.2 would remove sd menu from sysmenu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu