Hacking SoftMii 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
if your read like 2 pages back one of the pc's crashed and they delayed it 1 day geez

Yeah... And if you were on mirc they said it was ready but they were putting the deadline back a minute everytime someone asked where it was. Then when everyone who entered channel was warned not to ask and they couldnt add any more time one of thier PC,s mysteriously crashed... A bit funny considering only one thing wasnt working at around 10PM GMT and there was a few people working on it. I didnt think they were all sitting round the one PC, I thought they would have had thier own copies or at least a backup.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that 'everytime you ask' thing was just a joke
tongue.gif
But whatever, let's just wait for it.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Omgwtfisthat said:
tongue.gif

Joke or not it was the perfect way to delay it and blame it on everyone but themselves but now its the PC's fault. apart from the LU64+ part there doesnt seem anything new apart from the interfaces.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiistarter said:
Omgwtfisthat said:
tongue.gif

Joke or not it was the perfect way to delay it and blame it on everyone but themselves but now its the PC's fault. apart from the LU64+ part there doesnt seem anything new apart from the interfaces.
Haha, I see what you're getting at. But yeah I'd like to see how the LU64+ part works
tongue.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frogcloset said:
make what you want of this but they have removed the post from there main page
I still see the "SoftMii 3.0 Release April 24th" post on their main page... That IS which post you mean, right? On SoftMii.org?

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would be more truthful and straight out about it instead of having a release dates. We can't trust release dates anymore. Always gets people's hopes up just to take it back down. They should just say it'll be released soon. And not the little "finishing touches" thing. Instead it should be, we just need to work on it more. Check for bugs and such. Everyone would just like a user-friendly version that doesn't crash or brick Wiis regardless of the release date.

Softmii makes it easy for new users to get into the Wii scene. And that's what I like about them. But things that they have done in the past like claiming work that wasn't theirs was what gave them their bad name today. I am hoping that they have moved up that step and begin to give respect and credit to each of the people who helped develop their work. Be truthful because liars will only get flamed. No more excuses because you won't get much respect.

D

Deleted User

Goddang, you're not paying for it, so why do you all moan?

They'll release it when they want to release it, despite the release date, period.

If it's a video game or something you pay, okay. But this thing is free, and worth the extra wait, so why don't?

Just be patient and wait.

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Are we there yet... are we there yet... are we there yet? It's like driving the kids to the bloody park! Pathetic!! So they delayed it? Big deal - I hit red lights on my way to the park all the time! Kids these days!!!

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SomeGuy2009 said:
what is LU64+? Do I need it or want it?

if you had been reading aroudn you would allready know
new wii's with the serial starting with LU64 need a workaround for homebrew so unless your console is one of those u done need it

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
what is LU64+? Do I need it or want it?
Recently Nintendo started making new Wiis that cannot be hacked. They all have serial numbers of LU64 and up. Supposedly this new SoftMii has a fix to hack these Wiis.

Edit: DKAngel answered first.
smile.gif

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:

They'll release it when they want to release it, despite the release date, period.

If it's a video game or something you pay, okay. But this thing is free, and worth the extra wait, so why don't?

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
afif95 said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

Not necessarily true. Example: If you talk about SSBM and SSBB, people will say SSBB is a downgrade to SSBM. Overall it is a good game, but not as good as the game before it.

Here's my opinion on this topic:
I wish they would be more truthful and straight out about it instead of having a release dates. We can't trust release dates anymore. Always gets people's hopes up just to take it back down. They should just say it'll be released soon. And not the little "finishing touches" thing. Instead it should be, we just need to work on it more. Check for bugs and such. Everyone would just like a user-friendly version that doesn't crash or brick Wiis regardless of the release date.

Softmii makes it easy for new users to get into the Wii scene. And that's what I like about them. But things that they have done in the past like claiming work that wasn't theirs was what gave them their bad name today. I am hoping that they have moved up that step and begin to give respect and credit to each of the people who helped develop their work. Be truthful because liars will only get flamed. No more excuses because you won't get much respect.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
I see the channel topic has changed again...

[4:23pm] SoftMii changes topic to 'SoftMii 3.0 SHOULD be out Sat EST sometime, but we could delay it again for safety or completeness reasons.'

And last night it was complete except for one little bug and even that was nothing to do with a safety matter.... Just wish I had the chat logs from last night to see which admin it was that claimed this..

Still it will be good to have a better version of Softmii 2 (hopefully) with some new toys (hopefully again).

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. People ask "When is it coming out!?!?!?!?!" over and over, unless you give them a date (see bannerbomb for an example). If you DO give a date, then they just get mad if you don't get it out on time (which happens almost every time). Because of this, we have given a date, but we will release it when it is ready.

This SoftMii does not take credit for ANYONE's work besides ours. In fact, EVERY application included was written by someone that is involved in the SoftMii project development, in one form or another.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont really care when its released... My wii does what I want it to do and personally I could wait for softmii 3 another year unless it has built in sattelite tv with all sports and movie channels for free.

Its just the team dont seem to keep things like thier site or anything else frequently updated to let people know. Loads think that this will work on thier virgin 4.0 systems and that all they have to do is press a button and everything will magically happen. Why do they not release a statement telling people exactly what it will do and what we can excpect. Its the fact that a release date was given and we were told to wait for a big surprise then NOTHING... still no Idea exactly what it contains or how easy it will be to use or even if it will be worth an upgrade

D

Deleted User

Let me ask you a few questions:

1)Are you paying for this pack?
2)Did you realize that by, releasing the thing too soon will stake out a chance for the Wii to go broke?
3)Are you gonna donate to the team?
4)You realized they did something undone before?
5)Why are you still moaning?

This pack is free and you aren't paying for it. Like icefire said, don't give a release date and noobs will come out and ask "when is it going to be released?", give a release date and idiots will come and moan "It's already 25th of April".

Just be, calm. You aren't a developer, you aren't in the team, you aren't paying for this, so, you don't have a right to moan. They do this for free. I don't wanna see Softmii getting sold due to idiot factor of impatient childish noobs.

Just wait, it will come. And you are of no right to moan.

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways. People ask "When is it coming out!?!?!?!?!" over and over, unless you give them a date (see bannerbomb for an example). If you DO give a date, then they just get mad if you don't get it out on time (which happens almost every time). Because of this, we have given a date, but we will release it when it is ready.

This SoftMii does not take credit for ANYONE's work besides ours. In fact, EVERY application included was written by someone that is involved in the SoftMii project development, in one form or another.

Ah, I see what you mean. It keeps the kids quiet. And then they will have to learn the hard way.

Well, in the past, it gave a massive impression that it didn't credit those who should have been credited for along with the team. So people complain for stealing. But people think too much about the crediting as well. It's not like SoftMii will start from scratch when someone else already did the steps for them. Not even MiiWii did. It'd be like someone creating the wheel after it's been created. All SoftMii can do is make it better. So there's no reason for insults like that. And they have already proved themselves with custom themes. So they have great supporters.

Yeah, people shouldn't complain for things they don't pay for. I know I don't, so I only hope to help others understand that fact as well. I say take your time team, show the people what you can do!

jinghuacao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read from the 1st page to the last page just to get confirmation from someone that they have released it.

still desperate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F