Hacking SoftMii 2.1.1

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if it is better, recommended or even safe to replace some of the files that came with SoftMii package.

For example I know cIOSrev9 is out now, but rev7 is the version that came with SoftMii, is it safe to replace rev7 with rev9? And if it is is it recommeneded?

Also I was wondering of replacing Preloader 0.28 with Preloader 0.29

Anyone's thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

resistor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes for cios, v10 is out, you can also use the new cioscorpv2. You cant use preloader cos it´s for 4.0 and softmii is designed for 4.0. On april 24th they will realease next version, perhaps it comes with 4.0 support.

Sajiko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh so is it safe for me to upgrade my 3.2U system to 4.0?

There is a complete SoftMii package for 4.0 to run backups and etc?

drstupid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sajiko said:
Oh so is it safe for me to upgrade my 3.2U system to 4.0?
It is safe if you take the proper precautions, see here.

QUOTEThere is a complete SoftMii package for 4.0 to run backups and etc?
There is a new SoftMii release planned April 24th as resistor said, I don't know what it supports but it's been a while since 2 came out so it probably includes a way to safely update to sysmenu 4.0, Preloader 0.29, cIOSCORPv2 and/or some files from v1, etc.

If you follow that thread I linked you can update now; SoftMii will probably include similar steps to that thread. Remains to be seen whether SoftMii includes more or newer things than that thread does.

As far as cIOSCORP that thread gives you instructions but it involves combining cIOSCORPv2 with some files from v1, I am assuming the new SoftMii will clean up that process so it is easier to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...