Hacking SoftMii 2.0

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the thread is a bit long for me to read all of the messages, so i dont know if anyone had mentioned this but WHY do they have a paypal link for donations? srsly...

i can understand ads..but people donating THEIR money to package OTHER peoples software (with credit of course, and some original content
tongue.gif
i know
tongue.gif
)

i dont mean to sound angry or blah blah w.e just yeah..homebrew. i'll end this with a quote from the site

QUOTE said:
We would also like to thank all of the people who have donated towards SoftMii and would like to see your continued support as this is vital in developing new features and tools.

QUOTE said:
would like to see your continued support as this is vital in developing new features and tools.

vital in developing new features and tools.

WHY???

anyway, thanks for the homebrew! im sure many people will find it useful

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great work guys!

But i have a problem with a theme ( Digity Black).
It doesnt want unpack properly. I always get an error.

This only appears at PAL. NTSC is fine.

And another question:
I am on 3.2E with Starfall installed. Now it would like to test out Softmii.
I heared that there are some issues if you have Starfall installed and then want install Preloader.
Is this true?
Or should i uninstall Starfall Patches and install the Stafall Hacks with the AnyRegionChanger1.1bM5?

Thanks for help.

myers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thers no themes in softmii 2.1 you have to download them from the softmii site

i think all they've done is repaired a few bits and pieces that wasnt 100% in 2.0.1 eg. better comatibilty with games (i think)

oh and new instructions

anyway 2.1 is the 1 to get

cheers softmii crew
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I noticed on SoftMii 2.1 that wasn't on 2.0.1 was that they changed the hacks.ini and made:D

SoftMii 2.0.1: 2 KB
SoftMii 2.1: 1 KB

They also changed the RTF file tutorial to a PDF file tutorial.
They added the SoftMii NAND Dumper app in the apps folder.
And they deleted the mIOSr7 thing in the WAD folder and told us to download the mIOS over network on the mIOS Installer.

That's all I noticed XD

johnnyboy147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have installed v2.1 but some games wont work why please help
rock band 2 wont work get a green screen
amf bowling world lanes wont work screen gos black have to reset
but works with gamma 3
thanks
i preloader v28 and treid the region free hacks no joy
cry.gif

i did not try these games on v0.95 or v1.0
any one else having problems with some games

myers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iv read a few probs like this and all replys seem to be the same

it'll be summot to do with region free hacks in preloder have a play about with em till it solves the problem

6th_hokage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
does softmii change the current version of cIOS? (currently, i have cIOS 249 detected in gamma launcher), if so does it safe using the cIOS provided by softmii? thanks for the reply.

nintendoplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to the developers!

The downgrade went great! I did not do the hack since I had it and homebrew channel already.

For some reason Preloader0.26 (Step 20) does not go beyond "warning" screen. Can't add any channels. Also, I can't get DVD menu to appear though says that "Installation complete successfully."

Any thoughts?

BTW: I installed SoftMii v. 0.9.5. Does it belong to this thread or a different?

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any difference between Backup Launcher gamma and Softmii v2? I already have gamma, so if I want to install softmii will i have to remove the previous software or both of them can co-exist.

Thanks

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Just wanted to know if there are any difference between Backup Launcher gamma and Softmii v2? I already have gamma, so if I want to install softmii will i have to remove the previous software or both of them can co-exist.

Thanks

they can coexist

freezeburn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a question and hope someone here can answer it. I followed the instructions to install Softmii step by step but when i came to the part to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS I click no by accident because the option was really low and my stupid tv won't show like an inch of the bottom screen. So my question is if not having the hacks will cause me any trouble? Is there another way to install it? Do i really need it? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freezeburn said:
Hello,

I have a question and hope someone here can answer it. I followed the instructions to install Softmii step by step but when i came to the part to install SPECIAL STARFALL TYPE-HACKS I click no by accident because the option was really low and my stupid tv won't show like an inch of the bottom screen. So my question is if not having the hacks will cause me any trouble? Is there another way to install it? Do i really need it? Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer.

I believe you will have to use the hack remover to remove Preloader before you can install starfall. i am pretty confident this is correct.

EDIT: after installing starfall, reinstall Preloader. I personally don't have starfall installed with preloader i feel safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la