wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this problem still persist?
crap...... what could it be?
EDIT:hey wouldn't you know my 100th post!
happy.gif

murray42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It worked for me with self compiled r62 from svn, the first time, but then watched a movie on geexbox and linker started giving code dump, next day it seemed to work then watched movie in geexbox and it started code dumping again. Common factor was SD Card was locked when giving code dump. When card is unlocked works fine but dumps when locked., Easy enough to work around, gotta get up to put disk in anyway so just check card prior to loading disc.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
murray42 said:
It worked for me with self compiled r62 from svn, the first time, but then watched a movie on geexbox and linker started giving code dump, next day it seemed to work then watched movie in geexbox and it started code dumping again. Common factor was SD Card was locked when giving code dump. When card is unlocked works fine but dumps when locked., Easy enough to work around, gotta get up to put disk in anyway so just check card prior to loading disc.
it can be locked or unlocked for me with the original fowarded channel i get code dump error.
i guess i will try the .dol files put here to test.
ok these seem to do the trick both test.dol 1&2 work for HBC to boot r64! with the exception first time i got a black screen.(i also removed the cfg and log files) i'm on 3.2u with starfall.
if someone could inject them into the old channel so i could see how that works?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
people with problems should try murray42s find.
Try the Linking channel with locked and unlocked SD and plz post results.

really shaking head....

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wolffangalchemist said:
murray42 said:
it can be locked or unlocked for me with the original fowarded channel i get code dump error.
i guess i will try the .dol files put here to test.
ok these seem to do the trick both test.dol 1&2 work for HBC to boot r64! with the exception first time i got a black screen.(i also removed the cfg and log files) i'm on 3.2u with starfall.
if someone could inject them into the old channel so i could see how that works?

I'm sure the r64 works when injected into a wad if it works for HBC.
But for the Linking channel nothing needs to be injected. Just put that test.dol in SD:\SoftChip\loader.dol.

The dol inside the wad is the "forwarder.dol" which tells the wii to load SD:\SoftChip\loader.dol
Only SpaceJump has the source for it atm...
I'm sure if he finds this thread, he'll have a look at it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
I'm sure the r64 works when injected into a wad if it works for HBC.
But for the Linking channel nothing needs to be injected. Just put that test.dol in SD:\SoftChip\loader.dol.

The dol inside the wad is the "forwarder.dol" which tells the wii to load SD:\SoftChip\loader.dol
Only SpaceJump has the source for it atm...
I'm sure if he finds this thread, he'll have a look at it.
!
oh i got confused i thought you meant the .dol was a remake of the linker channel,,, wow i feel stupid lol!
that's what i get for sleeping in today.
EDIT: yeah no luck sd locked or unlocked i get the code dump error must be the linker source that needs tweaking.
i agree lets hope he finds this thread.

murray42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Compiled r64 from SVN dumps with card locked loads with card unlocked but will not load games, get ioctl error, same discs work in djtaz Gamma channel.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this work?

Is it a channel that is installed on the menu, but when you hit "Start" it reads from a specific folder in the SD card?

macmel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@WiiShizzza

Could you (or anyone) upload the Softchip forwarding channel to mediafire as I cannot seem to download it from you link (getting an SQL error) as I am trying for a few days now with no luck.

Nevermind the above request, got it from another source.

Thanks,
MaCMeL

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pro_viruz said:
My only problem is if i try install wiishizza rockband channel.wad it give me an error not just wiishizza, but every linker channel, other wads install perfect.
you mean during install or when using it cuz it's(the linker channel) the only wad i had problems using after install.

pro_viruz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cybernations.net
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
pro_viruz said:
My only problem is if i try install wiishizza rockband channel.wad it give me an error not just wiishizza, but every linker channel, other wads install perfect.
you mean during install or when using it cuz it's(the linker channel) the only wad i had problems using after install.

only installing those wad files. it gives me an error, other wad files, like wiiware, gama luncher, it installs perfect. but those rock band chanel. ive got error

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will speak to Luccax today about the crash when sd card is locked and some usb hardware issue someone has at the Google Code site. Don't get your hopes up too high, but maybe there will be an open source release for a .dol forwarder based on Luccax .dol loading code.

@Everybody with the problems:
What EXACTLY happens if you unplug all gamecube and usb hardware, put WiiGator's Gamma loader as loader.dol in /SoftChip/loader.dol and run the channel? What exactly happens if you don't have a loader.dol in the SoftChip folder?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will do some testing today with the Forwarder Channel and report back.

Manwhile, can those who have problems with the Forwarder Channel try it with this and tell the results?

EDIT: I'm having problems downloading from upload.to. Can you upload it to Medifire.com?

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pro_viruz said:

I never made a Rockband Channel...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r65 is out, it's possible this solves the problems with the forwarder too.

If other .dols copied to sd as /SoftChip/loader.dol work and SoftChip r65 does not, please tell.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiShizzza said:
anbody with problems tried r65 ?

As ARM the Hopeless didn't update his links which are in my sig,yet.
Here's the r65.dol

http://uploaded.to/?id=2cmg4g

//EDIT:
If you look at the poll, you see it's 50% to 50% if the Linking Channel Works...
isn't that weird ?

I think they are just clicking for fun, 8 people with problems, but there's NO clear statement if it's a problem with SoftChip or the forwarder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-