Soft Reset using GBA Exploader on Supercard DSOne V3

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by KyleRXZero, Aug 25, 2008.

1. KyleRXZero
    OP

Member KyleRXZero Chaotic and Broken...

United States
    Got a noob question about the Supercard DSOne V3. I recently got one along with a EZ 3in1 for playing gba games. I'm using GBA Exploader, and everything is working but one thing.

What do I need to do to get the Soft Reset working for GBA games? Meaning, if I'm playing a GBA game, I want to be able to go to the GBA Exploader menu without having to cut my DS off and then on again.

The readme for GBA Exploader 0.57 says that Supercard isn't directly supported, but that it can be done if you rename a certain file to softreset.scds. But, the original file is not one I have.

Any DSOne/EZ 3in1 users know what I need to do? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    This isn't a problem that can be addressed with Supercard or any other flashcart. Soft reset from within ExpLoader is possible by simply pressing START. However, once you've launched the game no flashcart in the world or setting is going to allow you to boot back into ExpLoader. This is because once GBA mode initiates the GBA part of the DS which is responsible for running said games completly takes over and shuts off the NDS functions.

3. KyleRXZero
    OP

Member KyleRXZero Chaotic and Broken...

United States
    Ah, I see. I wasn't aware it worked that way. Thanks for the quick reply Searinox.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Right, the DS is aware of the GBA slot so you can boot GBA games from DS mode, but it doesn't work the other way around.

5. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    If I remember correctly, it's SELECT not START.