Hacking Soft Reset? How to do it?

mkkid28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, Just recieved my Acekard 2.1 from Deal Extreme (only 8 days lol will buy from there again) but I can't figure out how to soft reset, anyone know how?

I've pressed LRABYX and that didn't reset it back to menu.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
can't you use the 7/30/2009 ak2 loader from the official firmware on AKAIO 1.4.1 instead of the 5/30 one?
that's what I'm using now
I mean it's 2 months newer than the 5/30 one, it should has more game compatiablity, right?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
dsrules said:
can't you use the 7/30/2009 ak2 loader from the official firmware on AKAIO 1.4.1 instead of the 5/30 one?
I mean it's 2 months newer than the 5/30 one, it should has more game compatiablity, right?

maybe it supports one or two newer games more yes, but akaio fixes alot more games than the official firmware does.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
dsrules said:

maybe it supports one or two newer games more yes, but akaio fixes alot more games than the official firmware does.

I know AKAIO has alot of more features than the official firmware, but I'm talking about the 5/30/09 Ak2Loader
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6106
1/6/09 loaders break soft-reset. Until this is fixed here are the older loaders from 5/30/09. Please note that any fixes which came after will not be present in these loaders.

people keep saying use this loader with soft reset broken or use an older version...if ak2loader = running ak2 mode in AKAIO
why not use the newest akmenu4.nds 7/30/09 from the official firmware as the new ak2loader instead of using the soft reset broken or old loader?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
dsrules said:
Normmatt said:
dsrules said:

I know AKAIO has alot of more features than the official firmware, but I'm talking about the 5/30/09 Ak2Loader
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6106
1/6/09 loaders break soft-reset. Until this is fixed here are the older loaders from 5/30/09. Please note that any fixes which came after will not be present in these loaders.

people keep saying use this loader with soft reset broken or use an older version...if ak2loader = running ak2 mode in AKAIO
why not use the newest akmenu4.nds 7/30/09 from the official firmware as the new ak2loader instead of using the soft reset broken or old loader?
Read the 3rd post. I said use older AKAIO loaders or Official loaders with the AKAIO firmware.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I missed that part, my bad..
they seem to release the AKAIO loader separately...why not just always use Official loader in AKAIO (if you want to boot in ak2 mode) instead of making a separate loader?

what's the advantage of using a AK2loader over an Official Loader?

lexluthor5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
that's what I wanted to know too

what's the difference between those Loaders and the official loader
if both loaders make AKAIO load in AK2 mode, ain't getting the official loader better than those older loaders?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I still don't get it, I know AKAIO has more compatibility than the official acekard loader
but, if you're already running the AKAIO firmware, what's the need for using the ak2loader?
if using the ak2loader makes AKAIO run in official loader mode, then why not just use the official loader 7/30/09 (akmenu4.nds) in AKAIO instead of the ak2loaders 6/1/09, 5/30/09

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER