Soft-bricked 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KanterZ, Feb 7, 2016.

1. KanterZ
    OP

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Okay.. So I was CFW-ing a N3DS XL Hyrule Edition... but it was on firmware 10.3.0-27U... and of course, it needs to be downgraded first..

While on the process of downgrading, "An error has occurred. Please turn off the power button." or something-like-that 3DS error pop up appeared.

Then, when I opened it, some applications such as System Settings and Browser aren't working anymore...

Any fix about this? Thanks for the help guys!

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can try upgrading to 9.2 using sysupdater (which might install the missing titles). Or try downgrading again if some titles weren't downgraded.

Before you do anything though, open the GW menu and make a backup of your nand and put it somewhere safe.

3. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Well, given that Cartridges still work... Think Ninjahax/OOT3DHax will fix it? Downgrading to 9.2 I mean.(because browser and the others don't work anymore and that I only use browserhax for HBL since I don't have Cubic Ninja nor OOT)

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If the browser doesn't work then cubic ninja might be your only option, as Ninjhax 2.5 doesn't require a browser. (Or OoT if you can get the save on it). Before rushing out to spend money though, see if someone has a better idea or I missed something obvious.

5. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Yeah, I am. Thanks for replying, mate!

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. Hyura

Hyura GBAtemp Fan

Mar 23, 2013
    Brazil
    Unfortunately you need the Cubic Ninja/Zelda/Sky3DS.

A friend just had a similar problem and he used a Ocarina of Time to fix his system.

7. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Year, this happened to me too yesterday. I was pretty scared, because I initiated the downgrade from ninjahaax for 9.9.0 and it crashed like OPs did. Same behaviour. I had to install ninjhax for 9.2.0 firmware from a 2nd new3ds to get it working again and complete downgrade.

It's like a semi firmware with kernel 9.2.0 and apps at 9.9.0.

Last edited by GothicIII, Feb 7, 2016
  8. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    So like on what happened to mine, it wouldn't load since the apps are on 10.3 and my firmware kernel is on 9.2.0, yes?

9. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    This is because 9.2 Native_Firm is installs first now in the latest sysupdater to redowngrade without a sys recovery

10. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    I used SafeSysUpdater... and yeah, along the mid-process, NATIVE_Firm was installed before the others.

11. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    According to Chinese downgraders' report,
    1) Initial 9.9.0-26 & 10.3.0-27 have higher brick rate than updated 10.3.0-28.
    2) The first DG of 10.3.0-27 is definitely incomplete. You have to re-upgrade that incomplete 9.2 DG to 10.3.0-28 and do one more DG again.

12. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Alright. Thanks for the help!