So, what's going on?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by caffolote, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caffolote
    OP

caffolote GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    Literally a few weeks ago the Gateway team pulled a miracle and made 3DS hacking more accessible. But how come the Wii U isn't hacked yet to play off USB Loaders? What's the hold up and is there any team out there working on this?

yuyuyup likes this.
  2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I think people are actually trying to figure this out? IDK man I've seen a few threads sorta related to this.

3. caffolote
    OP

caffolote GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    United States
    It's been almost two years but still nothing. There's so much potential to hack the Wii U. Is there a lot of demand for the hacking scene to get this done?

yuyuyup likes this.
  4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I honestly focus more on things like NDS and 3DS hacking, since those are the two consoles I use a lot, but I've seen a bit of demand, I guess? And I agree. It seems like there's so much we could do with the Wii U in terms of hacking.

5. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
  6. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    'Cause piracy's bad, mmkay?

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
  7. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    yeah and it did kill the psp and psvita wait wait it didnt kill anything ,the companies did by dropping support little by little ,youtube is gonna extinct on ps vita on new update,skype is hidden etc .
    yeah piracy is bad but not to blame by moves of bad companies

Fpsrussia117 likes this.
  8. dauphin327

dauphin327 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    Canada
    They said they were only going to release the kernel exploit. I don't think anyone have time to waste on reversing it for a product that's about to reach its end of life cycle.

9. Bladexdsl
    This message by Bladexdsl has been removed from public view by raulpica, Feb 1, 2015, Reason: Not 4chan -rp.
    Feb 1, 2015
  10. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    If by the middle of the year there is no hack I'll be giving up any sort of hope.

Then I'll be buying all the games I've been putting off.

11. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you consider another 1-2 years "the end of its life cycle", then sure... Nintendo isnt just going to drop a console thats finally turning profits, they know better than to pull a "Dreamcast". Theyll probably ride it out for the full console cycle of 5-6 years.

I personally respect the views of NWPlayer123 and MarioNumber1 and am excited for what they will release no matter when it comes, especially since they've hinted that it should work for every FW version past 4.0.1

12. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    It's not a good idea to buy a closed system, with property OS and copyrighted execution codes to play games for free. I mean doesn't suppose you buy a console to actually buy and play the games that are available for it?

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  13. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    There are many reasons to use a USB loader other than piracy, such as, say, convenience. But I digress

Lets not have this thread turn into one of THOSE threads, keep it clean, boys

WiiCube_2013 and Kelton2 like this.
  14. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Did I say I'm opposed to homebrew? I'd love hombrew on Wii U to disable region locking, and backups for my saves. Also you know that USB Loader has a feature to backup your own games right?
    You could want to check my post history, I was an early Devolution user that never complained about the anti-piracy protection, I guess you know why.

15. FPSRussi4

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    Alright, to those who ask what's going on:

I myself don't know. I DO know that I PM'd one of the people who's working on an exploit and asked if it'll be ready before June. His response was: Almost definitely, we're near completion, just error checking now. Hope this helps a little.

16. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.