so what linux distro do you use?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use arch with frogging-family's (linux-tkg) modded kernel its suppose to optimize for gaming on linux and as i can tell it works well not nearly as bogged down on vanilla 5.19 or zen, also i use Heroic-Games-launcher (EGS/GOG electron storefront with wine included so running windows gog games is pretty easy, i even heard CCyberpunk can run on tkg pretty welljust as good as on windows

Reactions: binkinator

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I haven't changed, still use Linux Mint (DE: Cinnamon) on my laptop and it works perfectly fine for my school needs, and has the additional benefit of not giving the trouble of how Windows 11 did with my 8 gigs of RAM.

Why not join the Linux League group here on GBAtemp? There is an entire thread dedicated to this question with various answers from people, I recommend it.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Still have Linux mint (cinnamon) on my main gaming desktop. Also have it on the home computer downstairs, but it's not the main boot sequence (gf just doesn't want to learn Libreoffice).
Steamos on Steam deck, obviously. Might switch to this one valve comes around to officially releasing it.

wildbacon1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying out Kubuntu right now on my old laptop, but with how often Linux mint is being recommended to me I might try switching to that.

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use arch with frogging-family's (linux-tkg) modded kernel its suppose to optimize for gaming on linux and as i can tell it works well not nearly as bogged down on vanilla 5.19 or zen, also i use Heroic-Games-launcher (EGS/GOG electron storefront with wine included so running windows gog games is pretty easy, i even heard CCyberpunk can run on tkg pretty welljust as good as on windows
I use debian with the xfce desktop

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Currently Linux Mint since it’s the only distro that vibes well on my laptop.
I'm also using Linux Mint as its the easiest distro for me to work with.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Arch of course.

Kidding…I use just about anything but most comfortable with RH based distros. Lately I’ve been doing a shit ton of Ubuntu on RPi and Alpine in containers.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ubuntu is my go to. I don't use Linux on my main PCs but there's no better option for my server.
I had a dual boot on my main PCs in the past, I just never ended up using Linux on them for much so I didn't see a point to keeping it. I still like to leave a few tens of GBs unpartitioned so I can easily dual boot later if I want.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I use Linux Mint (Cinnamon DE) pretty-much exclusively. Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix is great too, but I like all the extras Mint includes to really set itself apart from the rest.

SylverReZ

I am funny
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use Linux Mint (Cinnamon DE) pretty-much exclusively. Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix is great too, but I like all the extras Mint includes to really set itself apart from the rest.
Linux Mint gang

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY