So what factors affect your "newcomer" status?

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised I'm over 100 posts, especially with how little I'm on here. I come by every now and then and just lurk and post. Can't believe it's been close to six years since I joined.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised I'm over 100 posts, especially with how little I'm on here. I come by every now and then and just lurk and post. Can't believe it's been close to six years since I joined.

6 years and only 337 posts? :glare:
I have many, many times that over on Gamefaqs from less than 2 years!!!

I've already got half the requirement, so I'm not too far away from "member" status.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What does that have to do with anything?

look at all the regular members, they have unique names. so they stick out of the crowd, and are he for the long run. members with names like MarioWiiU are here for some thing like on how to get a patch or how to hack they new toy.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
look at all the regular members, they have unique names. so they stick out of the crowd, and are he for the long run. members with names like MarioWiiU are here for some thing like on how to get a patch or how to hack they new toy.

There's always the prospect of name changing, that is, if you decide to take off your jacket and stay awhile, GoldenSun3DS.

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use "GoldenSun3DS" everywhere, Gamefaqs, GBATemp, Runescape, etc. I have not once been unable to use GoldenSun3DS. Heck, I even nabbed "GoldenSun3DS" for yahoo mail (though I really don't use it much, I use a different email). I've never seen anybody else use "GoldenSun3DS" on any forum/etc. I first started using it around 2 years ago.

Reactions: _kbnft

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Can't edit because I'm on my 3DS) :glare: If you search: "GoldenSun3DS" (exactly, with the quotation marks), the only pages that will pop up are websites where I've created an account. Every single result that comes up is related to my accounts on websites. So yes, my username is very unique. :)

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the number of posts doesn't matter. What DOES matter is the quality of the posts that you make. I do however tend to agree with the username thing, it does become easier to tell who's unique and here to stay sometimes based on their username. I for one dislike having numbers and silly things in my name.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine's Xarsah16 as you see...

and for anyone who's played the Kingdom Hearts games, (from II and any of the handhelds) you'll see that my username follows the way the names of Nobodies are created. My (middle) name is Sarah. I stuck the X in there and rearranged the letters to my liking. I used Sarah because Jessica, my first name didn't work out too well, and I don't like it as much anyway. (Plus, I used to be known as Sarah in some situations, like on the basketball team when we had two Jessica's.) I identify with Nobodies on a personal level (and sometimes think I could be one, jokingly.)

The 16 - I've always had some kind of fascination with the number 16 since when I was a kid. I don't know why, but it's basically like my lucky number.

So there's my story, hate me now. I have a username related to my interests. Even though this may be a bit hypocritical, I did agree with your article. By the same token, my old nick - lacrymosa967 was reflecting my love for the band Evanescence. Their music pulled me through middle school and high school with my severe depression and I thought Lacrymosa was really pretty sounding. It's a song by them. The 967 was random.

Sometimes we all just need a little inspiration. I'm not justifying, just explaining.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/