Gaming So PSP-2000 is the best option, yeah?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DomeFossil
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,179
  • Replies Replies 22

DomeFossil

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
147
Reaction score
7
Trophies
1
Age
33
Location
Wherever you want me (no homo)
Website
www.last.fm
XP
456
Country
I wanted to get a PSP, and I was wondering which I should get. The phat one seems crap and the 3000 seems to have a lot of problems. Is the 2000 the best option? Will it go down in price? It goes for $250 in Australia, yeah?

I need someone to confirm these things for me. Thanks!
 
2000 is probably the best option right now, it can do everything the FAT does, apart from use infared. It also does not have a 1.50 kernel add-on, but I think something called Time Machine lets you run stuff on 1.50 firmware.
 
The PSP-3000 doesn't really have a "lot" of problems, just that the screen has interlacing issues from what I hear. Yes, I've seen the comparison images, but put a 3000 in my hands and I'll tell you my opinion of the screen.

But in terms of hacking and stuff, then yes, I would go for the 2000 as well. The 3000 at the moment is non-hackable, so CFW cannot be put on there. Yet. There will be a time I'm quite sure, but if you want to pirate immediately, by all means go for the 2000 series.

The 1000 model apparently has/had better homebrew and emulators (since everything was built for that system and only recently were programs and the like being made for the 2000 that uses the extra RAM and whatnot), but it is truly up to you. The only gripe I have with the 2000 is that the shell is shiny. And smudges easily. The 1000 had a matte finish from what I remember, but all the same...

For now, 2000.
 
Doomsday Forte said:
The PSP-3000 doesn't really have a "lot" of problems, just that the screen has interlacing issues from what I hear. Yes, I've seen the comparison images, but put a 3000 in my hands and I'll tell you my opinion of the screen.

But in terms of hacking and stuff, then yes, I would go for the 2000 as well. The 3000 at the moment is non-hackable, so CFW cannot be put on there. Yet. There will be a time I'm quite sure, but if you want to pirate immediately, by all means go for the 2000 series.

The 1000 model apparently has/had better homebrew and emulators (since everything was built for that system and only recently were programs and the like being made for the 2000 that uses the extra RAM and whatnot), but it is truly up to you. The only gripe I have with the 2000 is that the shell is shiny. And smudges easily. The 1000 had a matte finish from what I remember, but all the same...

For now, 2000.

Well, the only advantage to having a Phat is to run 1.50 homebrew without the Gameboot being all messed up
tongue.gif

Other than that they work perfectly.

So yes, 2000 is the best option.
 
I have a launch day PSP and I have recently bought a 2000. The Slim is definately the one of the two to get. Sorry to be rude, but a lot of people that have not eductated themselves about the 2000 will say that the 2000 does not play all the homebrew that the Phat played. This is just straight untrue. I feared buying a 2000 for the longest time because of losing specific homebrew, based off of uneducated responses.

The fact of the matter is that all the good homebrew has been updated to work on the 2000. They used a devhook trick to take advantage of many of the 1.5 software, and they all work great. Even PMPMOD was updated by PMP Player Advanced. The SNES emu runs great on the 2000 and they even updated the only one not to work, the NES emu. So everything you can do on a Phat you can do on a slim.

In addition, the slim has TV out. This is a winner right there. Especially if you use Fusa. Other then that, the 3000 is useless. As the PSP is useless if you don't hack it.
 
Jasonage said:
2000 is probably the best option right now, it can do everything the FAT does, apart from use infared. It also does not have a 1.50 kernel add-on, but I think something called Time Machine lets you run stuff on 1.50 firmware.


I'm sorry, I thought this was a PSP forum. Yes, the slim psp has a 1.50 kernel add-on available.

Time machine hasn't been needed for a LONG time.
 
nmagod said:
Yes, the slim psp has a 1.50 kernel add-on available.
The slim CANNOT run the 1.50 kernel add-on.

Not that it is needed - If I was to buy a PSP now, I'd definitely get a slim out of the 3 currently available.
 
I'm sorry, I had a white vader slim for 7 months before it fried, I USED the 1.50 kernel add-on.
 
PokemonHaker94 said:
oh yeah i forgot to say most of the new psp's hav a firmware so you can't put CFW so thats another reason to get a psp phat
yaypsp.gif


That's because of the new motherboard, not the new firmware.
 
nmagod said:
The point is I was playing 1.5 homebrew without time machine.
maybe you were, but that isn't what you claimed (and I quote):

"Yes, the slim psp has a 1.50 kernel add-on available."

never mind though love, it's not your fault now is it?

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww (whatever that is supposed to mean).
 
I actually wouldn't put the TV-out on my high priority list. I bought the cables. I hooked it up to a TV. YAY!

Then I tried to play a game and it said I had the wrong cables. Turns out you need the...uh...the ones that aren't red/white/yellow in order to play a game through the TV. Made even more severe because I don't have a TV with those ports on it. I felt cheated. Hurt. Used. Abused. Left for dead.

I was able to get a better result with iRSHELL, when it actually worked. But I'm fine with the screen to be honest. =P
 
Well for TV out you can use FUSA. It works well. Look it up.

I thought I wouldn't like TV out at first, but I use it when I am watching something, then get in the house. I just plug the PSP in the TV, and away we go. (Can easily be done through PMP Player Advanced using any cable)

The reasons to get a slim is as follows:

1- There are no more new Phats on the market, so why get a used when you can get something new
2- There are no "great" apps currently that work on the Phat and do not work on the Slim
3- The 1.5 Kernel is not really needed because of #2, don't let others tell you differently
4- The 3000 has scanlines issues, and is currently unhackable.
5- Slim is lighter, and you can tell the difference.

I have both the Phat and the Slim.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted