So just so I understand...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DarkWolfRaiju, Jul 30, 2017.

1. DarkWolfRaiju
    OP

DarkWolfRaiju Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    I'm currently copying the backed up nand to my pc, but while I wait, I wanna make sure I understand, if I set up Haxchi to boot automatically, I have to then delete brain age, and do a whole new reinstall after reinstalling brain age? [brain age being the game I bought to install it.]

2. metalsniper63

metalsniper63 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    Mexico
    NO NO NO NO NO, you should NEVER uninstall the brain age game. You only have to download the CBHC Installer (from app store or from site) and then apply it ON TOP of haxchi. It's really simple, just install Haxchi as normal, and then run the CBHC installer so you will install CBHC ON TOP of Haxchi.

3. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    You're lucky to have a guy like @metalsniper63 to help you, OP. You were on your way to visit brickland. ;)

Tyson TH, DarthDub and dimmidice like this.
  4. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Before installing cbhc. MAKE SURE that everything is working correctly with haxchi

bostonBC likes this.
  5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    If you install Haxchi to autoboot (aka CBHC) AND THEN delete Brain Age your Wii U will be bricked, because it will be trying to autoboot into something that doesn't exist anymore...

DarthDub likes this.
  6. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    Correct. Also, same thing will happen if you format your Wii or if you reinstall the same title again over the CBHC title.

DarthDub likes this.
  7. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    I think all Haxchi/CBHC tutorials are already pointing this... But yeah never format SysNand nor delete DS game used for exploit when CBHC is installed. If you want to do it, you need to uninstall CBHC first (by launching installation again then choose to uninstall it).

8. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    I wish it greyed out the format option or protected the install title tied to it.

Kleyon likes this.
  9. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    If I remember correctly, the Haxchi/CBHC dev protected the DS install title from being messed with on the later versions of Haxchi, as long as it's running (meaning while you're running the Haxchi CFW). So this is covered if you're using a recent version of CBHC. But still, nothing stops you from formatting the system and bricking.