Hacking So just so I understand...

DarkWolfRaiju

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently copying the backed up nand to my pc, but while I wait, I wanna make sure I understand, if I set up Haxchi to boot automatically, I have to then delete brain age, and do a whole new reinstall after reinstalling brain age? [brain age being the game I bought to install it.]

metalsniper63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NO NO NO NO NO, you should NEVER uninstall the brain age game. You only have to download the CBHC Installer (from app store or from site) and then apply it ON TOP of haxchi. It's really simple, just install Haxchi as normal, and then run the CBHC installer so you will install CBHC ON TOP of Haxchi.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install Haxchi to autoboot (aka CBHC) AND THEN delete Brain Age your Wii U will be bricked, because it will be trying to autoboot into something that doesn't exist anymore...

Reactions: DarthDub

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install Haxchi to autoboot (aka CBHC) AND THEN delete Brain Age your Wii U will be bricked, because it will be trying to autoboot into something that doesn't exist anymore...
Correct. Also, same thing will happen if you format your Wii or if you reinstall the same title again over the CBHC title.

Reactions: DarthDub

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think all Haxchi/CBHC tutorials are already pointing this... But yeah never format SysNand nor delete DS game used for exploit when CBHC is installed. If you want to do it, you need to uninstall CBHC first (by launching installation again then choose to uninstall it).

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think all Haxchi/CBHC tutorials are already pointing this... But yeah never format SysNand nor delete DS game used for exploit when CBHC is installed. If you want to do it, you need to uninstall CBHC first (by launching installation again then choose to uninstall it).
I wish it greyed out the format option or protected the install title tied to it.

Reactions: Kleyon

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish it greyed out the format option or protected the install title tied to it.
If I remember correctly, the Haxchi/CBHC dev protected the DS install title from being messed with on the later versions of Haxchi, as long as it's running (meaning while you're running the Haxchi CFW). So this is covered if you're using a recent version of CBHC. But still, nothing stops you from formatting the system and bricking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Minox @ Minox: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/3130817.stm